Laptops are one of the most popular portable devices nowadays. They have become an integral part of our lives as they allow us to carry all our important data with us wherever we go.
The laptops come in different sizes and shapes but there is one thing that remains constant their screens. If you want to know how big is a 11.6 laptop screen then this article will help you out.
The first step is to find out the exact dimensions of your laptop screen. This can be done by measuring it or using a ruler. You can also use a tape measure if you don’t own a ruler.
Once you have found out the measurement, divide it by two to get the width of the screen. For example, if your screen measures 13 inches (33 cm) then divide 33 by 2 which gives you 16.5 inches (42 cm).
The next step is to multiply the width by the height. In our case, it would be 16.5 x 17.8 299.1 inches. Now, add the length of the laptop to this number.
It is usually around 15-17 inches. So, in our case, it would mean that the total area of the screen is about 441 square inches.
Read More: How Much Is A New Laptop Screen?
Table of Contents
Now, take the diagonal measurement of your screen. To do so, just subtract the width from the length. In our case, this would be 42 minus 17.8 25.2 inches.
Multiply this value by 0.71 to get the diagonal measurement of your laptop screen.
Now, divide the diagonal measurement by 1.4 to get the aspect ratio of your laptop screen. In our case, the result would be 27.3 divided by 1.4 which equals 19.3.
Finally, multiply the aspect ratio by the diagonal measurement to get the actual size of your laptop screen. Our final result would be 19.3 x 27.3 515.9 inches.
This is the size of your laptop screen in inches. However, if you want to convert these measurements into centimeters, simply divide them by 10.
How Does The Size Of A Laptop Screen Affect Your Overall Computing Experience?
There are many factors that determine how big a laptop screen should be. These include the resolution, the type of display technology used, the weight of the device, and its portability.
If you are looking for a laptop that has a large screen, you need to consider the following:
Resolution – The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the image displayed on the screen. Most modern laptops have resolutions ranging between 1024×768 pixels and 1920×1080 pixels.
Display Technology – The newer the technology, the more advanced it is. LCD displays are much cheaper than LED displays.
Weight – The heavier the laptop, the less comfortable it is to hold. Therefore, make sure that the laptop you buy weighs no more than 3 pounds (1.36 kg).
Portability – The smaller the screen, the easier it is to carry around. Therefore, look for a laptop with a screen size of at least 14 inches.
What Is The Size Of A 11.6 Laptop Screen Compared To Other Common Devices Screens Sizes?
Here are some examples of the sizes of various types of screens:
- Smartphone – 3.5 inches
- Tablet – 7 inches
- Desktop Computer – 21 inches
- TV – 40 inches
- Large Monitor – 43 inches
- Cinema Screen – 70 inches
- Ultra HDTV – 100 inches
- Virtual Reality Headset – 110 inches
- Digital Camera – 12 megapixels
- DSLR – 20 megapixels
- Camcorder – 30 megapixels
Read More: How To Make Laptop Screen Brighter Than Max?
How Do You Choose The Right-Sized Laptop For Your Needs?
When choosing a laptop, there are several things to keep in mind.
- First, you need to decide whether you will be using the laptop primarily as an entertainment device or as a work tool. If you plan to use the laptop mostly for entertainment purposes, then you might not need a very powerful computer. On the other hand, if you plan to use the device mainly for work, then you probably need something more powerful.
- Second, you need to consider what kind of tasks you will be doing on the laptop. For example, if you are going to watch movies, play games, surf the web and write documents, then you may want to go for a larger screen. On the other hand, if you only plan to use the laptop for emailing, surfing the internet, and watching videos, then you can save money by buying a smaller screen.
- Third, you also need to take into account the price range you are willing to spend. You can find cheap laptops online but they usually come with small screens and low-quality components. Alternatively, you can opt for a high-end laptop that comes with a bigger screen and a lot of features.
- Finally, you need to think about the portability of the laptop. If you don’t like carrying heavy objects around, then you should look for a lightweight laptop.
The above article shows you how big a 11.6 laptop display is compared to other common devices. It also gives you some steps on how to choose the right-sized laptop.
If you are looking for a new laptop, or if your current one has a small screen then this article will help you find the best size for you.
Q 1. How wide is an 11.6-inch laptop?
A. The answer to this question depends on the type of laptop you are looking at, but generally speaking, most laptops have screens that range from 10 inches to 13 inches in width.
Q 2. Are 11 inches small for a laptop?
A. No, not necessarily. Many people prefer smaller laptops because they can fit into their pockets or bags more easily and they don’t take up as much room when sitting at a desk.
What is a good laptop screen size?
A. This really depends on what you want your computer to do for you. If you’re going to be using it for surfing the web, watching movies, playing games, etc., then you’ll probably need something with a bigger screen than if you plan on doing heavy-duty work like editing photos or videos.