Dell laptops are some of the most popular on the market, but many users find that they have difficulty adjusting the brightness of the screen. This can be a major issue, as many people need to adjust the brightness depending on their surroundings and activities.
Here we will provide instructions on how do I adjust the brightness on my Dell laptop.
Table of Contents
1. Right-click on the battery icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and select “Power Options.”
2. Select “Adjust Plan Settings” for the plan you are currently using.
3. Click “Change advanced power settings.”
4. Expand the “Display” category, then expand the “Enable adaptive brightness” setting and change it to “Off.”
5. Click “OK” to save your changes.
Related Blog: How To Adjust Brightness On Microsoft Surface Laptop?
How Do I Adjust The Brightness On My Dell Laptop?
There are a few ways that you can adjust the brightness on your Dell laptop, depending on which model you have.
- If you have a newer model with Windows 10, there is a Brightness slider in the Action Center. To access the Action Center, click on the Notifications icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Then, click on the Brightness tile.
- You can also adjust the brightness from the Settings app. Go to Start > Settings > System > Display. Under “Brightness and color,” move the slider to make your screen brighter or darker.
- If you have an older model Dell laptop, you may need to adjust the brightness manually. To do this, hold down the Fn key and press the arrow keys to increase or decrease the brightness.
Where Is The Brightness Adjustment Key On A Dell Laptop?
There isn’t a standard location for the brightness adjustment key on a Dell laptop, as the company uses different keyboards for its various models. However, you can usually find the key on the top row of the keyboard, near the function keys. If you can’t find the key, you can also adjust the brightness from the Windows Control Panel.
How To Save Energy By Adjusting The Brightness On Your Dell Laptop?
Most laptops have an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen according to the surrounding light conditions. However, you can also override this feature and manually adjust the brightness to save energy. To do this on a Dell laptop:
- Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on “Power Options”.
3. Click on “Change plan settings” next to the selected power plan.
4. Click on “Change advanced power settings”.
5. In the “Advanced settings” window, expand the “Display” section.
6. Under “Display”, expand the “Enable adaptive brightness” setting and set it to “Off”.
7. Click “OK” to save the changes.
You can now manually adjust the screen brightness by using the FN + F11/F12 keys on your keyboard.
Related Blog: How To Replace A Dell Laptop Keyboard?
What Are Some Tips For Adjusting The Brightness On A Dell Laptop?
There are a few things that you can do in order to adjust the brightness on your Dell laptop. One thing that you can do is go into the control panel and find the “display” settings. From there, you will be able to change the brightness of your screen.
Another thing that you can do is go into the power options and change the power settings to “high performance”. This will usually make the screen brighter. Finally, you can try downloading and installing a program that will allow you to control the brightness of your screen.
In this blog post, we’ve shown you how to adjust the brightness on my Dell laptop. Depending on your specific model, these instructions may vary slightly, but the basic process is the same. We hope this was helpful and that you now have a brighter screen!
Q 1. What is the shortcut to adjusting brightness on a laptop?
A: The shortcut to adjust the brightness on the laptop depends on the model that you have. However, most laptops have an FN key + F11/F12 keys as the shortcut to adjust screen brightness.
Q 2. Can I change the screen resolution on my Dell laptop?
A: Yes, you can change the screen resolution on your Dell laptop by going into the “display” settings in the control panel.
Q 3. How do I know if my Dell laptop has an ambient light sensor?
A: Most newer model Dell laptops have an ambient light sensor. To check if your laptop has this feature, you can go into the power options and see if there is an “adaptive brightness” setting.