Do you find yourself constantly clicking on things by accident because your touchpad is always active? Many people find the touchpad to be a very useful feature, but there are times when it can be more of a hindrance than anything else.
If you’re looking for a way, how do I disable the touchpad on my Asus laptop, we can help. That’s why we’ve put together this guide on how to disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop.
Related Blog: How Do I Turn Off Touchpad On Asus Laptop?
1. Press the Windows key, type Device Manager, and press Enter.
2. In the Device Manager window, find the entry for your touchpad and double-click it to open its properties dialog box.
3. On the “Driver” tab, click the “Disable” button. You may be prompted to confirm that you really want to disable the device.
4. Click “OK” to confirm and close the dialog box. Your touchpad will now be disabled.
5. If you want to enable the touchpad again, just follow these steps and select “Enable” instead of “Disable” in step 3.
What Is The Touchpad?
The touchpad is a device that is built into most laptops to provide a way for the user to interact with the computer without using a mouse. The touchpad usually has two parts:
1. The upper surface is a trackpad that senses the movement of your finger and translates it into cursor movement on the screen.
2. The lower surface is a button that you can press to click.
You can usually disable the touchpad by going into the mouse & Trackpad settings in System Preferences. However, if you’re using an Asus laptop, there may be an additional step you need to take in order to disable the touchpad.
1. Open System Preferences and click on the Trackpad icon.
2. Make sure the “Tap to Click” checkbox is unchecked.
3. Close System Preferences.
4. Next, you’ll need to open the Asus Touchpad Driver application. This can be found in the Utility folder, which is located in the Applications folder.
5. In the Asus Touchpad Driver application, click on the “Disable” button.
6. You may be prompted to enter your password. This is because the touchpad driver is a system-level preference and requires administrator privileges to change.
7. After you enter your password, the touchpad should be disabled. You can test this by trying to move the cursor with your finger. It should not move.
8. If you want to enable the touchpad again, simply open the Asus Touchpad Driver application and click on the “Enable” button.
How To Disable The Touchpad On Asus Laptop?
There are a few ways that you can disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop. The most common way is to go into the settings and look for the option to disable it.
You can also do this by going into the control panel and looking for the mouse settings. Another way is to simply press the Fn+F9 keys together.
This will disable the touchpad on your laptop. Finally, you can also right-click on the touchpad icon in the taskbar and select disable from the menu.
How To Enable The Touchpad Again If You Change Your Mind?
If you disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop and want to enable it again, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + X to open the Power User Menu.
2. Select Device Manager from the menu.
3. In Device Manager, expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” section.
4. Right-click on your touchpad and select “Enable” from the menu.
5. Close Device Manager and your touchpad will be enabled again.
1. You’re using an external mouse and don’t want the touchpad to get in the way
2. The touchpad is too sensitive and you keep accidentally brushing it while typing
3. You want to conserve battery life by disabling unnecessary devices
4. The touchpad is faulty and you need to use an alternative input device
If you are experiencing problems with your touchpad, there are a few solutions that you can try. If these solutions do not work for you, or if you would simply like to disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop, there is a way to do this as well.
We hope that this article on how do I disable the touchpad on my Asus laptop was helpful and provided you with the information that you need.
Q 1. How do I disable the touchpad on my Asus laptop Windows 10?
A. You can disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop in a few ways. The first way is to use the Fn + F9 hotkey. This will disable the touchpad temporarily. To disable the touchpad permanently, you need to go to the mouse settings in the control panel and disable it from there.
Q 2. How do I turn on the touchpad on my Asus laptop?
A. You can turn on the touchpad on your Asus laptop by using the Fn + F9 hotkey. This will enable the touchpad temporarily. To enable the touchpad permanently, you need to go to the mouse settings in the control panel and enable it from there.
Q 3. Which function key turns off the touchpad?
A. The Fn + F9 hotkey will disable the touchpad temporarily. To disable the touchpad permanently, you need to go to the mouse settings in the control panel and disable it from there.