If you are using an ASUS laptop, you may find that you need to turn off the touchpad. This can be done in the settings of your laptop.
In this post, we will show you how do I turn off touchpad on ASUS laptop. Keep reading for more information.
Table of Contents
There may be times when you need to disable the touchpad on your ASUS laptop. For example, if you are using an external mouse or trackball, you may want to turn off the touchpad to avoid accidental cursor moves.
Or, if your touchpad is acting up, you may want to disable it temporarily to see if that solves the problem.
To disable the touchpad on an ASUS laptop, you will need to go into the settings for your laptop. This can be done by going to the Start menu and then selecting “Settings”.
In the Settings window, click on “Devices” and then select “Touchpad” from the list of options on the left-hand side.
On the right-hand side, you will see a slider that says “Touchpad”. Move this slider to the “Off” position and then click on the “Apply” button.
You will be asked to confirm that you want to turn off the touchpad; click on the “Yes” button to confirm.
The touchpad on your ASUS laptop should now be disabled. If you need to enable it again, simply follow the steps above and move the slider back to the “On” position.
Read More: How To Clean Under Laptop Touchpad?
How Do I Turn Off Touchpad On Asus Laptop?
There are a few different ways that you can disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop, depending on which model you have.
The most common method is to use the “Fn” key, usually located in the lower-left corner of the keyboard, in conjunction with one of the function keys (F1-F12).
For example, on many Asus laptops, you can press “Fn + F9” to disable the touchpad.
Another way to disable the touchpad is to go into the BIOS settings and look for an option to turn off the touchpad. This is usually found under the “Keyboard/Mouse” or “Input Devices” section.
If neither of these methods works, you may need to download and install the Asus Smart Gesture software from the Asus website. This software allows you to configure the touchpad settings, including disabling it entirely.
Once you have disabled the touchpad, you can still use an external mouse or other pointing device to control your laptop.
What Are The Benefits Of Turning Off The Touchpad On An Asus Laptop?
Disabling the touchpad on an ASUS laptop can offer several benefits.
- First, it can help to prolong the battery life of your device as the touchpad is one of the most power-hungry components.
- Additionally, it can help to prevent accidental input if you are using an external mouse or other pointing devices.
- Finally, it can simply provide a more streamlined computing experience if you do not plan on using the touchpad regularly.
What Are The Different Ways To Turn Off The Touchpad On An Asus Laptop?
There are a few different ways to turn off the touchpad on an Asus laptop. One way is to go into the “Mouse” settings in the Control Panel and disable the touchpad there.
Another way is to press the Fn+F9 keys together, which will usually toggle the touchpad off and on.
Finally, some Asus laptops have a physical switch that can be used to disable the touchpad; this switch is usually located near the touchpad or on the keyboard.
How Do I Disable The Touchpad On My Asus Laptop Using Windows 10 Settings?
If you’re using a Windows 10 Asus laptop, you can disable the touchpad by following these steps:
1. Go to Start > Settings > Devices.
2. Select “Mouse & touchpad” from the left menu.
3. Under “Related settings,” click the Additional mouse options link.
4. In the Mouse Properties window that opens, go to the Touchpad tab (the last one).
5. Uncheck the “Enable Touchpad” box and click Apply > OK.
You can also use the function keys on your Asus laptop to disable the touchpad: simply press Fn + F9 simultaneously and the touchpad will be disabled. To re-enable it, just press those same keys again.
If you’re using an older version of Windows, the process may be slightly different but the general idea is the same: go to Mouse & touchpad settings and look for an option to disable the touchpad.
How Do I Disable The Touchpad On My Asus Laptop Using The Keyboard Shortcut Keys?
Some Asus laptops have a function key that allows you to turn off the touchpad with just a few clicks. The specific shortcut keys may vary depending on your model, but you can usually find the disable touchpad option by pressing Fn + F9.
If this doesn’t work on your laptop, try looking for a similar option in the touchpad settings menu.
If you want to permanently disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop, you’ll need to go into the device’s BIOS settings and change the configuration.
This is usually done by pressing a specific key during boot-up, but it varies from one computer to another. Once you’re in the BIOS, look for an option that says something like “Disable touchpad” or “Enable/Disable PS/2 port”.
Select this option and then save your changes. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to use the touchpad once it’s disabled, so you’ll need to connect an external mouse if you want to continue using your laptop.
Why Would Someone Want To Disable The Touchpad On Their Asus Laptop?
Maybe they’re using an external mouse and don’t want the touchpad to be accidentally touched, or maybe the touchpad is malfunctioning. In any case, here’s how to disable the touchpad on an Asus laptop:
There are two ways to disable the touchpad on an Asus laptop. The first method is to use a hotkey, and the second is to use the Mouse settings in Windows.
To Use A Hotkey:
1. Look for a hotkey printed on your laptop’s touchpad or keyboard. Common hotkeys include Fn+F9, Fn+F5, and Fn+F3.
2. Press and hold the Fn key, then press the hotkey for your touchpad.
3. Release both keys. Your touchpad should now be disabled.
To Use The Mouse Settings:
1. Open the Start menu, then search for and open the Mouse settings.
2. In the Mouse settings window, find the Touchpad section and click on the Disable button.
3. Click Apply to save your changes, then close the Mouse settings window.
4. Your touchpad should now be disabled.
If you’re using an ASUS laptop, you might want to know how to disable the touchpad. Here are some tips.
1. Look for a button that has a picture of a touchpad with a line through it. This is usually located near the top row of keys on your keyboard.
2. Press and hold the Fn key, which is usually located in the lower-left corner of your keyboard, then press this button.
3. You can also try going into your computer’s Mouse Settings and looking for an option to disable the touchpad.
4. If all else fails, you can always just unplug your mouse and use that instead!
With these tips, you should be able to disable the touchpad on your ASUS laptop with ease.
We hope that this article has helped you to understand how do I turn off touchpad on Asus laptop. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our team of experts is here to help you get the most out of your Asus laptop and its features.
Q 1. Where is the touchpad key on the Asus laptop?
A. On most Asus laptops, the touchpad key is located between the F9 and F11 keys on the top row of the keyboard.
Q 2. How do I disable the touchpad on my Asus laptop Windows 11?
A. To disable the touchpad on an Asus laptop running Windows 11, you can usually just press the touchpad key. If that doesn’t work, go to the Control Panel and look for the Mouse settings. Under “Device Settings,” you should see an option to disable the touchpad.
Q 3. How do I turn on the touchpad on my Asus laptop?
A. To turn on the touchpad on an Asus laptop, you can usually just press the touchpad key. If that doesn’t work, go to the Control Panel and look for the Mouse settings. Under “Device Settings,” you should see an option to enable the touchpad.