If you’re using a Microsoft Surface laptop, you may have noticed that the brightness level is a bit too bright or too dark for your liking. Luckily, there are ways to adjust the brightness on your Surface laptop so it’s more comfortable for you to use.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to adjust brightness on Microsoft surface laptop. Keep reading to learn more!
Table of Contents
1. Open Settings.
2. Click on System.
3. Click on Display.
4. Use the slider under “Brightness and color” to adjust your screen’s brightness.
5. You can also enable the “Night light” feature to reduce blue light emission from your screen, which can be easier on your eyes in low-light conditions.
6. To do this, click on the “Night light” settings under “Brightness and color.”
7. Here you can schedule when the Night light should turn on and off, as well as adjust the color temperature to your preference.
8. Night light can also be turned on and off rapidly by pressing the Windows key + A on your keyboard, then clicking the night light icon in the Action Center that appears.
How To Adjust Brightness On Microsoft Surface Laptop?
There are two ways to adjust the brightness on your Microsoft Surface laptop. You can either use the built-in settings or adjust the brightness manually.
- To use the built-in settings, go to the Start Menu > Settings > System > Display. Here you will see a slider that you can use to adjust the screen brightness.
- To adjust the brightness manually, hold down the Fn key and press the left or right arrow keys. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Fn + F5 to increase brightness and Fn + F6 to decrease brightness.
Benefits Of Adjusting Brightness
By default, Microsoft Surface Laptops have quite a high screen brightness. This can be great for working in well-lit environments but it can also be a little bit too much for your eyes when you’re trying to use your laptop in a dark room.
Luckily, it’s very easy to adjust the screen brightness on your Surface Laptop. There are two different ways that you can do it.
The first way is by using the physical buttons on your Surface Laptop. The second way is by adjusting the brightness settings in the Windows 10 Settings app.
Let’s take a look at both methods so that you can choose the one that works best for you.
Method 1: Use the Physical Buttons on Your Surface Laptop
The first way to adjust the screen brightness on your Surface Laptop is to use the physical buttons on your device.
To do this, simply press and hold the “Fn” key (located in the lower-left corner of your keyboard) and then press either the “Up Arrow” key or the “Down Arrow” key to increase or decrease the screen brightness, respectively.
You can also use the “Fn + Brightness Up” and “Fn + Brightness Down” keyboard shortcuts to quickly adjust the screen brightness without having to hold down the “Fn” key.
If you want to see your current screen brightness level, you can press the “Fn + Windows logo key + B” keyboard shortcut.
Method 2: Adjust Brightness in the Windows 10 Settings App
The second way that you can adjust the screen brightness on your Surface Laptop is by changing the settings in the Windows 10 Settings app.
To do this, first, open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and then selecting the “Settings” option (or by pressing the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard).
Then, click on the “System” icon and select the “Display” option from the left-hand menu.
On the right-hand side of the “Display” page, you should see a slider labeled “Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.”
You can use this slider to enable or disable the automatic screen brightness feature. However, we recommend leaving this feature turned on so that your Surface Laptop can automatically adjust the screen brightness to match the current lighting conditions.
Below the “Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” setting, you should see a slider labeled “Adjust brightness level.”
This is where you can manually adjust the screen brightness on your Surface Laptop.
Simply move the slider to the left to decrease the screen brightness or move it to the right to increase the screen brightness.
You can also use the “Brightness up” and “Brightness down” buttons located below the slider to fine-tune the screen brightness.
Once you’ve found a screen brightness that you’re happy with, simply close the Settings app and your changes will be saved automatically.
Read More: Why is my laptop screen pink?
What To Do If The Brightness Adjustment Keys Don’t Work?
If the brightness adjustment keys on your keyboard don’t work, you can try the following:
1. First, make sure that the Brightness slider in Action Center is not turned down. To do this, select Start > Settings > System > Display, and then move the Brightness slider to the right.
2. If that doesn’t work, go to Start > Power > Restart. After your Surface restarts, try pressing the brightness keys again.
3. If you’re still having trouble adjusting the brightness, try updating your Surface’s display adapter driver.
- In Search, type Device Manager, and then select it from the list of results.
- Under Display adapters, select the display adapter that’s giving you trouble, and then select Update Driver. If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
- Restart your Surface, and then try pressing the brightness keys again.
4. If you can’t adjust the screen brightness after trying all of the above steps, your Surface may need service. Go to Surface Support to schedule a service appointment.
In conclusion, we’ve shown you how to adjust brightness on Microsoft Surface laptop. We hope this information was helpful and easy to follow. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for support.
Q 1. How do I adjust the brightness on my Microsoft laptop?
A: You can adjust the brightness of your screen by going to the “Settings” app and then selecting “Display.” From here, you can use the slider to adjust the screen’s brightness.
Q 2. How do I know if my Microsoft laptop’s display is set to its maximum brightness?
A: To check if your Microsoft laptop’s display is set to its maximum brightness, go to the “Settings” app and then select “Display.” From here, you can look at the slider to see if it is set to 100%.
Q 3. How can I make my Microsoft laptop’s screen dimmer?
A: To make your Microsoft laptop’s screen dimmer, go to the “Settings” app and then select “Display.” From here, you can use the slider to adjust the screen’s brightness. You can also set a schedule for when the screen should dim or turn off completely.