If your HP laptop battery is not holding a charge like it used to, it might be time for a replacement. In this blog post, we will show you how to change battery on hp laptop.
Keep in mind that different models might have different instructions, so be sure to consult your user manual if you are not sure how to proceed.
Overall, changing the battery on an HP laptop is a fairly straightforward process that should only take a few minutes. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
1. Start by shutting down your HP laptop and unplugging it from any power source.
2. Remove the battery from its compartment. This will usually involve removing one or two screws and then sliding the battery out.
3. Take a close look at the new battery to make sure it is compatible with your HP laptop model.
4. Slide the new battery into place and replace any screws that were holding the old one in.
5. Plug your HP laptop back in and turn it on. You should see a noticeable difference in how long the battery lasts now!
You will need the following tools to complete this task:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
- Needle nose pliers (optional)
1. Begin by shutting down your HP laptop and unplugging it from any power source.
2. Flip your laptop over so that the bottom is facing up. You should see a panel near the back of the laptop that is secured by screws.
3. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws and then carefully pry off the panel to reveal the battery.
4. Disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard and then lift out the old battery.
5. Place the new battery in the empty bay and then reconnect the cable.
6. Replace the bottom panel and screw it back into place.
7. Boot up your laptop and test to make sure the new battery is working properly.
What Type of Battery Is In Your Laptop And Where Can You Find It?
The most common type of battery in laptops is a lithium ion (Li-ion) battery. These batteries are usually located in the same place as the hard drive and RAM, underneath the laptop’s bottom cover.
To replace your laptop’s battery, you’ll need to purchase a new one that is compatible with your laptop. Once you have the new battery, follow these steps:
1. Power down your laptop and unplug it from any power sources.
2. Remove the bottom cover of your laptop. This will give you access to the inside of your laptop and the battery.
3. Locate the old battery and disconnect it from the motherboard. You may need to use a small screwdriver to help with this.
4. Connect the new battery to the motherboard and replace the bottom cover.
5. Plug in your laptop and power it on. You should now have a working battery!
How To Identify Which Side of The Battery Is Up?
There is a small arrow on one end of the battery that indicates which side is up. The end with the arrow goes into the laptop first.
What To Do If Your Laptop Will Not Turn On After Changing The Battery?
If your laptop will not turn on after charging the battery, there are a few things that you can do in order to try and fix the issue.
1. First, check to see if the battery is properly seated in the laptop. If it is not, try removing and reinserting it.
2. Next, try plugging the laptop into an AC power source and see if it will power on.
3. If neither of these solutions work, then you may need to replace the battery entirely. You can purchase a new one from most electronics stores or online retailers.
4. Finally, if all else fails, you can always take your laptop to a professional for repair or replacement.
Learn More: How To Make Power Bank From Laptop Battery?
1. First and foremost, make sure your laptop is unplugged. Laptops contain sensitive components that can be damaged by electricity.
2. Secondly, it is important to disconnect the battery. The battery is located on the bottom of the laptop and is usually held in place by two screws. Once the screws are removed, the battery can be lifted out.
3. It is also important to ground yourself before starting this project. This can be done by touching a metal surface or wearing an anti-static wrist strap. This will prevent static electricity from damaging the sensitive components inside your laptop.
Although this guide showed how to change battery on hp laptop, the process is very similar for other models.
Make sure you have a compatible battery and follow the same steps to remove the old one and install the new one. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
Q 1. Can I remove the battery from HP laptop?
A. Yes, you can remove the battery from an HP laptop. In most cases, the battery is located on the bottom of the laptop and is held in place by two screws. Once the screws are removed, the battery can be lifted out.
Q 2. Can I change my laptop battery by myself?
A. Yes, you can change your laptop battery by yourself. However, it is important to take precautions such as unplugging the laptop and grounding yourself before starting the project. Additionally, make sure you have a compatible battery before beginning.
Q 3. How can I replace the non-removable battery in the HP laptop?
A. If you need to replace a non-removable battery in an HP laptop, you will need to take the laptop to a professional for repair or replacement.