External laptop batteries are a great way to keep your device charged while on the go. They are also perfect for emergency situations when your primary battery is low.
This guide will show you how to charge a laptop battery externally using a generic power bank.
Table of Contents
1. Connect your laptop to the power bank using the included charging cable.
2. Press the button on the power bank to start charging. The indicator lights will show you how much charge is left in the power bank.
3. Once the battery is fully charged, disconnect the cable and store the power bank in a safe place.
Methods To Charge A Laptop Battery Without A Charger
If you’re away from home and your laptop is running low on power, there are a few ways you can charge it up without using the official charger. We’ll outline some of the most popular methods below.
1. Use an External Battery Pack
One of the most common ways to charge a laptop without a charger is to use an external battery pack. These are essentially portable power banks that you can plug your laptop into and charge up.
External battery packs come in a variety of sizes, so you’ll need to choose one that has enough power to fully charge your laptop. For example, if your laptop has a 14-inch screen and uses around 50 watt-hours of power per day, you’ll need a battery pack with at least 7,000 mAh of capacity.
2. Use a Car Charger
If you’re stuck without a charger and your laptop is running low on power, another option is to use a car charger. These chargers plug into your car’s cigarette lighter socket and provide power to your laptop through the DC power port.
Keep in mind that car chargers are designed to charge devices at a slower rate than standard wall chargers, so it may take longer to fully charge your laptop this way.
3. Use a Portable Solar Charger
Portable solar chargers are another option for charging your laptop without a charger. These devices use solar panels to convert sunlight into electrical energy, which is then stored in an internal battery.
When you need to charge your laptop, you can simply connect it to the solar charger and let the sun do the work. This is an ideal solution if you’re going to be away from civilization for an extended period of time and won’t have access to a traditional power source.
4. Use a Laptop To Power Bank
Laptop power banks are essentially portable battery packs that come with a built-in AC adapter. This means they can be used to directly power your laptop, just like a standard wall charger.
Laptop power banks come in a variety of capacities, so you’ll need to choose one that has enough power to fully charge your laptop. For example, if your laptop has a 14-inch screen and uses around 50 watt-hours of power per day, you’ll need a power bank with at least 7,000 mAh of capacity.
5. Use an External Graphics Card
If you have an external graphics card (GPU), you can use it to charge your laptop. This is because most GPUs have a built-in power connector that can be used to provide power to a laptop.
To use this method, simply connect your laptop to the GPU using the appropriate cable. The GPU will then begin supplying power to your laptop, charging the battery in the process.
Keep in mind that this method is only suitable for laptops that have a dedicated graphics card. If your laptop only has an integrated graphics processor (GPU), this method will not work.
6. Use a Wireless Charging Pad
If your laptop supports wireless charging, you can use a wireless charging pad to charge it without a charger. These pads use electromagnetic induction to transfer electrical energy from the pad to the laptop, charging the battery in the process.
To use this method, simply place your laptop on the wireless charging pad and make sure it’s properly aligned. The charging process will then begin automatically.
7. Use a USB Charging Cable
If your laptop has a USB Type-C port, you can use a USB Type-C charging cable to charge it without a charger. This is because USB Type-C cables are capable of transferring power from one device to another.
To use this method, simply connect one end of the USB Type-C cable to your laptop and the other end to a power source (such as a wall charger or portable battery pack). The charging process will then begin automatically.
How To Charge A Laptop Battery Externally?
It is not uncommon for laptop users to find themselves in a situation where they need to charge their laptop battery externally.
This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as being on the go and not having access to an outlet, or because the laptop’s internal battery is no longer working properly.
Fortunately, there are a few different ways that you can charge your laptop battery externally. Here are some of the most popular methods:
Use an AC adapter:
One of the simplest and most common ways to charge a laptop battery externally is to use an AC adapter. Most laptops come with an AC adapter that you can use to plug into an outlet and provide power to your computer.
If you have misplaced your AC adapter or it is not working properly, you can usually purchase a replacement from the laptop’s manufacturer.
Read More: how to start laptop without power button?
- Do not use a laptop battery charger that is not meant for your specific model of laptop. Using the wrong charger can damage your computer.
- Be careful when handling batteries. Avoid dropping or puncturing the battery, as this can cause a fire or explosion.
- Do not attempt to charge a laptop battery that is damaged in any way. If the battery is leaking, swollen, or discolored, do not try to charge it. Dispose of it properly according to local regulations.
1. If your computer has a removable battery, take it out and put it in an external charger.
2. If your computer does not have a removable battery, you can still charge it externally by connecting the charger to the power port on the computer.
3. Make sure that the external charger is compatible with your laptop’s make and model.
4. Once the charger is connected, wait for the charging indicator light to turn on.
5. Leave your laptop plugged in until the battery is fully charged.
6. Disconnect the charger from the laptop once the battery is fully charged.
So, there you have it! Everything you need to know about how to charge a laptop battery externally.
We hope this article was helpful and that you are now able to keep your laptop running for hours on end without having to worry about finding an outlet.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them in the section below.
Q 1. Can you charge a laptop battery without the laptop?
A. Yes, it is possible to charge a laptop battery without the laptop. All you need is a power source and a charger that is compatible with your laptop battery.
Q 2. Can I charge my laptop with a USB port?
A. Yes, you can charge your laptop with a USB port. All you need is a USB cable and a power source.
Q 3. Can I use my laptop while it’s charging?
A. Yes, you can use your laptop while it’s charging. However, it is not recommended to do so because it can shorten the lifespan of your battery.