Are you looking for a way how to charge laptop with TV? You’re in luck! In this blog post, we will show you how to easily connect your laptop to your TV and power it up. So sit back, relax, and let us show you how it’s done!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need?
- A laptop with a charging port
- An HDMI cable
- A TV or monitor with an HDMI input
First, you’ll need to gather a few supplies. You’ll need an HDMI cable, a mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and an AC power adapter for your laptop. Make sure that your power adapter is compatible with your laptop’s make and model.
Next, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your TV. Then, connect the other end of the cable to the mini DisplayPort to the HDMI adapter.
AC Power Adapter
Finally, plug the AC power adapter into an outlet and then connect it to your laptop. Once everything is plugged in, you should see your laptop’s display on your TV.
You can now use your TV remote to control your laptop, and you can even charge your laptop while you’re watching TV!
Read More: What Charger Does My Laptop Need?
Steps On How To Charge Laptop With TV:
If you’re like most people, you probably use your laptop for work, school, or play. But what do you do when your battery is low and there’s no outlet in sight?
You could always buy a portable charger, but if you’re in a pinch, you can actually charge your laptop using a TV. Here’s how:
1. Find a TV with a USB port. If you don’t have one at home, try asking a friend or family member, or see if there’s one available at a nearby hotel or business center.
2. Plug your laptop’s charging cable into the TV’s USB port.
3. Turn on the TV.
4. Select the appropriate input on the TV. This will likely be HDMI if you’re using a newer TV, but it could also be DVI, Component, or even VGA.
5. Your laptop should now be charging via the TV’s USB port!
Keep in mind that this method may not work with all laptops or TVs. If you’re having trouble, try Googling your specific model to see if others have had success. And if all else fails, portable chargers are always an option.
Benefits Of A TV-Based Laptop Power Supply
There are many benefits to powering your laptop with a TV. One of the most obvious is that it can save you from having to buy a separate power adapter for your laptop.
If you travel often, this can be a huge money-saver. Additionally, it can be more convenient to have a single power source for both your laptop and TV.
Another big benefit is that you can use your TV’s USB ports to charge your laptop. This means that you can keep your laptop charged even if you don’t have access to an outlet.
Additionally, it can be helpful in a power outage since you can still charge your laptop using the TV’s USB ports.
Finally, using a TV as a laptop power supply can be more eco-friendly than using a traditional power adapter. If you’re looking for ways to reduce your carbon footprint, this is a great option.
Drawbacks Of Charging Laptop With Tv:
There are a few potential drawbacks to consider when using your TV as a laptop charger.
- One is that it could potentially damage your TV. While this is unlikely, it’s still something to be aware of.
- Additionally, charging your laptop via your TV could result in a slower charge than if you were to use a dedicated laptop charger.
- Finally, if you have a particularly large or power-hungry laptop, it’s possible that your TV simply doesn’t have enough juice to charge it.
How To Charge Laptop With USB?
You can charge your laptop with a USB cable. All you need is a USB port on your laptop and a charger that plugs into the wall.
To do this, simply connect the USB cable to your laptop and then plug the other end into the charger. Make sure that the charger is plugged into an outlet before you begin charging.
Once the charger is plugged in, your laptop should begin charging. You may see a message on your screen that says “Charging” or something similar.
If you do not see this message, check to make sure that the USB cable is properly connected to both your laptop and the charger.
Once your laptop has finished charging, unplug the USB cable from both devices.
How To Charge Laptop With Phone?
1. Plug your phone into your laptop charger.
2. Connect your phone to your laptop via a USB cable.
3. Open the lid of your laptop.
4. Select the “Power” icon in the status bar of your laptop and click “Restart.”
5. Your laptop will now charge your phone!
Note: You can also use this method to charge your laptop with a portable charger. Simply connect your portable charger to your laptop via USB cable and follow the steps above.
How To Charge Laptop With AUX Cable?
First of all, you need to find an available USB port on your TV. If your TV doesn’t have a USB port, you can use an adapter. Once you have found the USB port, simply insert the AUX cable into it.
After that, plug the other end of the AUX cable into your laptop’s charging port. Make sure that the connection is secure. Now, you can turn on your TV and laptop. Your laptop will start charging through the AUX cable.
Charging your laptop with an AUX cable is a great way to save battery life. It is also a convenient way to charge your laptop if you don’t have access to a power outlet.
How To Charge Laptop With Another Laptop?
It is very easy to charge a laptop with another laptop. All you need is a USB cable that is long enough to reach from one laptop to the other.
Once you have the USB cable, simply connect it from the charging port of one laptop to the other laptop’s USB port. The charging process will begin automatically and will usually take a few hours to complete.
You can check the charging status of your laptop by looking at the power indicator light. Once the light turns green, your laptop is fully charged.
If you want to charge your laptop faster, you can try using an AC adapter. However, not all laptops are compatible with this method. Be sure to check your laptop’s documentation to see if it supports this method of charging.
Charging your laptop with another laptop is a great way to keep your battery topped off while you’re on the go. It’s also a good idea to have a backup plan in case your primary charger fails or is not available.
Keep a USB cable in your bag so that you can always charge your laptop, no matter where you are.
Before you begin, it’s important to take some safety precautions:
- Unplug your TV and laptop from their power sources.
- Use a surge protector for your devices.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Do not charge your laptop on a wet surface.
- Do not operate your laptop or TV while they are charging.
- Keep your devices away from children and pets.
If you’re having trouble charging your laptop with a TV, here are a few things to check:
- Make sure the TV is turned on and set to the correct input.
- Ensure that the cable connecting the TV to the laptop is firmly plugged in at both ends.
- If you’re using an AC adapter, check that it’s connected to a power outlet and plugged into the laptop.
- Try restarting the laptop.
- If the above steps don’t work, try using a different cable or TV.
So, there you have it. You now know a few ways to charge your laptop with your TV. If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, we recommend using the HDMI adapter and cable.
This will allow you to use your TV as a monitor and charge your laptop at the same time. If you need to quickly power up your laptop while on the go, using USB ports is the best option.
And lastly, if you only have access to a VGA port on your television, don’t worry we’ve got you covered! With these methods in mind, you should be able to easily charge your laptop no matter where you are.
Q 1. Can you charge a computer with a TV?
A. Yes, you can charge a laptop with a TV. All you need is a USB cable that is long enough to reach from the TV to the laptop. Once you have the USB cable, simply connect it from the charging port of the TV to the laptop’s USB port.
Q 2. Is there another way to charge a laptop?
A. If you want to charge your laptop faster, you can try using an AC adapter. However, not all laptops are compatible with this method. Be sure to check your laptop’s documentation to see if it supports this method of charging.
Q 3. Can you charge a laptop with a USB?
A. Yes, most laptops can be charged via USB. All you need is a USB cable that is long enough to reach from the USB port on the laptop to the USB port on the charging device. Once you have the USB cable, simply connect it from the charging port of the device to the laptop’s USB port.