Matte laptop screens have a coating that helps to reduce glare and reflections. However, this coating can also make the screen more susceptible to smudges and fingerprints.
If your laptop screen is starting to look a little bit grimy, there are a few simple steps how to clean matte laptop screen.
- First, power off your laptop and unplug it from any power source.
- Then, use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe away any debris.
- If there are stubborn marks that won’t come off with a dry cloth, you can dampen the cloth with water or a mild cleaning solution.
- Just be sure not to use anything too harsh, as this could damage the matte coating. Once you’ve finished cleaning the screen, let it air dry completely before plugging it back in.
What To Use To Clean Your Matte Laptop Screen?
A simple, dry microfiber cloth can usually do the trick. If it’s really dirty, you might need a slightly dampened cloth to get the dirt and dust off.
Just make sure not to use any cleaning chemicals or liquids on your matte laptop screen, as they could damage the surface.
How To Clean Your Matte Laptop Screen?
- Start by turning off your laptop and unplugging it from the charger.
- Next, use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe down the entire screen surface. Be sure to focus on getting rid of any dust or dirt particles.
- If the screen is really dirty, you can dampen the cloth slightly with water, but be careful not to use too much.
- Finally, dry the screen off completely before plugging it back in and turning it on.
What Not To Use When Cleaning Your Matte Laptop Screen?
When cleaning your matte laptop screen, you want to avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. This can damage the surface of your screen and make it difficult to clean in the future.
Some common household items that should be avoided when cleaning your matte laptop screen include:
- Windex or other glass cleaners
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Abrasive materials like scouring pads or steel wool
Instead, use a soft cloth and water to clean your laptop screen. Be sure to wipe in a circular motion to avoid any scratches.
If there is any stubborn dirt or grime, you can use a small amount of dish soap on your cloth to help remove it.
When you’re finished cleaning your laptop screen, be sure to dry it off completely with a soft cloth to prevent any water spots from appearing.
Related Blog: How Much Would It Cost To Fix A Laptop Screen?
Tips To Clean A Matte Laptop Screen In 2022
1. Make sure your screen is turned off before you start cleaning it.
2. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the screen. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasives, as they could damage the surface of the screen.
3. If there is any stubborn dirt or stains on the screen, you can use a mild detergent or window cleaner to help remove them. Be sure to rinse the screen thoroughly afterward to remove any residue.
4. Finally, dry the screen with another soft, lint-free cloth.
Matte laptop screens can be a little harder to keep clean than glossy screens, but with the right tools and techniques, it’s definitely doable.
In this blog post, we’ve outlined everything you need to know about how to clean matte laptop screens in 2022. We hope you find these tips helpful!
Q 1. Are matte laptop screens better?
A. There is no definitive answer to this question. Some people may prefer matte laptop screens because they are not as reflective as glossy laptop screens, while others may find them less pleasing to look at. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.
Q 2. How do you clean the matte anti-glare screen?
A. The best way to clean a matte anti-glare screen is to use a microfiber cloth and some gentle detergent or soap. Be sure to avoid using any harsh chemicals or solvents, as these could damage the screen.
Q 3. How do you clean a matte laptop?
A. The best way to clean a matte laptop is to use a microfiber cloth and some gentle detergent or soap. Be sure to avoid using any harsh chemicals or solvents, as these could damage the laptop.