Sony has always been known for its high-quality audio equipment. Its latest line of headphones is no exception. The new XB950BT wireless noise-canceling headphones from Sony feature Bluetooth connectivity and a built-in microphone to allow hands-free calls.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to connect my sony headphones to my mac! But connecting these headphones to your computer isn’t quite as simple as plugging them into a USB port.
There are several ways to connect sony headphones to a mac. In fact, there are few easy solutions to apply. If you want to know how to connect Sony headphones with Mac, please read our article carefully.
1. Use Apple EarPods
Apple EarPods are very common earphone products. They are usually used to listening to music. You can easily use it to connect sony headphones with Mac.
2. Use Bluetooth 4.0
Bluetooth technology is widely used in many electronic devices. With the help of Bluetooth technology, we can connect sony headphones with mac without cable.
3. Use Lightning Cable
If you don’t like Apple EarPods, you can choose another way to connect sony headphones. You just need a lightning cable.
Read More: How To Connect My Jabra Earbuds To My Laptop?
How To Connect Sony Headphones To Mac?
The solution is looking for a way to connect your Sony headphones to your MacBook Pro, here is how to pair it up. This guide will show you how to do it step by step.
If you want to know more about connecting your Apple products to each other, check out our article here. Ways to Connect Sony Headphones to Mac.
If you are having trouble connecting your Sony headphones to your Mac, here are some tips that might help.
- Your Mac should support Bluetooth if it wants to connect to the headphone.
- Click on the Input tab and look for “Bluetooth.” You’ll see a list of devices paired with your Mac. If there isn’t one listed, your Mac does not support Bluetooth.
- Make sure that you have an up-to-date version of macOS Sierra or newer.
- You can update your operating system via Software Update under the App Store menu. Just make sure that you select Download and Install Updates.
- Turn off all wireless networks and Bluetooth devices.
- When prompted, choose Shut Down. Once restarted, turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
If you’re looking for a way to connect your Sony headphones to your MacBook Pro, there are two options. One is via Apple’s built-in Airpods app. And the other is via an external USB dongle. Here’s how it works.
1. Open up Apple’s built-in Airpod app.
2. Click “Connect.”
3. Select the pair of headphones you want to use.
4. Tap “Done.”
5. You’ll see a confirmation screen telling you that the connection is successful.
6. Now, open up Spotify on your Mac.
Prior To The Pairing, Ensure The Following:
- Turn on the computer’s speaker
- Make sure the computer is within 1m (3ft )of the headset
- Ensure the headset is plugged into a 3.5mm jack
How To Connect Your Mac?
The Sony WH-1000XM3 is one of my favorite wireless Bluetooth headphones. They’re comfortable, sound great, and come with some nice features like automatic volume adjustment based on ambient noise levels.
If you want to pair it with your iPhone, you’ll need to use Apple’s proprietary solution, and there’s no way around it. But what about connecting it to your MacBook Pro? There’s a workaround.
If you’re running macOS Mojave 10.14, here’s how to connect your Sony WH-1000XM to your Mac.
- First, ensure that your laptop is powered on and Bluetooth is enabled. Then power up the Sony WH1000XM3 Headphones.
- Next, on a Mac, open Bluetooth Settings and browse to Devices for Sony 1000XM to check the available Bluetooth devices. You’ll see something like this:
- Click Connect next to the WH1000XM3 and wait for the connection to complete. Once confirmed, verify and authenticate the pairing by listening to the audio coming out of your Mac.
- Then continue listening to any music from your Mac once you’ve paired the headphones.
- At this stage, various objects should be audible to establish that the headphones are connected successfully. On The Sony Wh-1000XM3 Wireless Headphones
- The Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones are compatible with Apple iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. However, there are some issues you might face while pairing it with your device.
Here we go over how to fix those problems.
1: Switch Off All Other Devices Connected To Your Mac Before Trying To Pair With Them
If you want to connect your Sony WH-1000XM2s to another device like your smartphone or tablet, make sure you switch off all other devices connected to your Mac.
If you don’t do this, you’ll see a prompt saying “Bluetooth Enabled”. Click OK to turn on the Bluetooth feature. Then tap on the name of each device connected to your Mac and turn off the Bluetooth option.
This way, you won’t be able to use both simultaneously.
2: There Is No Tone Indicating That The Sony WH1000XM3 Are Already Paired With Your Phone Or Tablet
There is no tone indicating that your Sony WH-1000XM3s are already paired with your phone or tablet.
So, if you’re looking forward to listening to music on your phone or tablet, make sure that the headset is switched on and the volume is turned up.
You can check whether the headphones are paired with your device by opening the Control Center and tapping on the AirPlay icon.
If the headphones aren’t listed under the list of speakers, then it means that they haven’t been paired with your device.
Read More: Laptop Speakers Still Play When Headphones Plugged In
3: Disconnect Any Previous Bluetooth Connection Before Connecting Your Sony WH1000XM2 To Your Mac
You must disconnect any previous Bluetooth connection before attempting to pair with the Sony headphones. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself stuck with a screen asking you to reconnect to the previous device.
To disconnect the previous connection, open the Settings app, select Bluetooth, and choose the name of the device you wish to disconnect. Tap on the button next to the name of the device and confirm the action.
Now, try to pair them with the Sony headphones again.3: Another Method: Installing Sony | Headphones Connect on MAC OSX and Test the Pairing Connection By Using Your Mac’s Audio as the Source
If you’re having trouble hearing audio over Bluetooth headphones while working on a MacBook Pro, it could be because one device isn’t properly paired.
When you pair a Bluetooth headset with a Mac, the Mac acts like a speakerphone and plays whatever you say on the headset directly into the microphone.
If you’re trying to use another device as your source for playing music, make sure that both devices are paired and that the Mac is within range of the headset.
To confirm that the Mac is within reach of the headset, follow these steps:
1. 2. Click “Bluetooth” and select the name of the headset under Devices
3. Check the box next to “Allow input and output via Bluetooth.”
4. Close System Preferences
5. Connect the headset to the Mac
In the end, we’ve shown you how to connect my Sony headphones to my Mac. It’s really not as difficult as it may seem and with a little bit of effort, you should be able to get them connected in no time at all.
If you have any questions or run into any problems while trying this yourself, be sure to let us know in the comments section below.
We love helping out our readers and we’re always happy to answer any questions that come our way. Thanks for reading!
Q 1. How do I put my Sony WH-1000XM4 in pairing mode?
A. To pair your Sony WH-1000XM3 with your smartphone, follow these instructions: 1. Press and hold down the button located at the bottom right corner of the device until it vibrates; 2. Then press and hold down the button again until the LED lights up green. 3. Release both buttons when the LED turns off. 4. Your headphones will be paired successfully!
Q 2. Why won’t my headphones connect to my Mac?
A. Your headphones may be incompatible with your computer. Try plugging them into another device such as an iPhone or iPad instead. If this doesn’t work, try unplugging and replugging the cable.