Do you have an Asus laptop and want to disable the mouse pad? Here is a guide on how to disable mouse pad on Asus laptop. This will help you if you are having problems with the mouse pad or if you just want to disable it for some reason.
Table of Contents
1. Right-click on the “My Computer” icon and select “Properties”.
2. Click on the “Hardware” tab and then click on the “Device Manager” button.
3. Find the “Mice and other pointing devices” section and expand it.
4. Find your touchpad device and right-click on it.
5. Select “Disable” from the menu.
6. Click “OK” to confirm and close the Device Manager window.
7. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How To Disable Mouse Pad On ASUS Laptop?
Assuming you would like to disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Right-click on the Start button and select “Device Manager”.
2. Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” section.
3. Locate your touchpad device in the list of devices and right-click on it.
4. Select “Disable device” from the context menu that appears.
You can re-enable the touchpad at any time by following the same steps and selecting “Enable device” instead of “Disable device”.
What Is The Mouse Pad And Why Would You Want To Disable It?
The mouse pad is a small, flat surface on your laptop that you use to move the cursor around. Some people find it more convenient to use an external mouse instead of the mouse pad, so they may want to disable it.
How To Disable The Mouse Pad On An ASUS Laptop?
There are a few different ways to disable the mouse pad on an ASUS laptop, depending on your model.
1. Look for a button that has a picture of a mouse or a touchpad on it. This is usually located near the top of the keyboard. Press this button to turn off the mouse pad.
2. If there is no dedicated button, you may be able to disable the mouse pad by holding down the “Fn” key and pressing one of the function keys (F1-F12). Look for a key with a picture of a touchpad or mouse.
3. If neither of these methods works, you can try going into the BIOS settings. To do this, restart your laptop and press the “Esc” key when the ASUS logo appears. Then, use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Boot” tab. Under the “Boot Priority Order” section, move your USB devices above your hard drive. This will boot from your USB devices instead of your hard drive, which will disable the mouse pad.
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of Disabling The Mouse Pad?
There are a few benefits of disabling the mouse pad on an ASUS laptop.
- One is that it can help to conserve battery life.
- Additionally, if you’re using an external mouse, you won’t have to worry about the cursor accidentally moving when you touch the mouse pad.
- Finally, in some cases, disabling the mouse pad can help to prevent cursor “jumping” or other erratic behavior.
How Do I Disable The Touchpad On My ASUS Laptop Windows 11?
If you want to disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop running Windows 11, you can do so through the Device Manager.
1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Find the “Mice and other pointing devices” section and click on it to expand it.
3. Find your touchpad device in the list and right-click on it.
4. Select “Disable” from the context menu.
5. Click “Yes” when prompted to confirm the disablement of the device.
How To Re-enable The Mouse Pad If Necessary?
If you accidentally disable your mouse pad and need to re-enable it, you can do so by following the steps below.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on Hardware and Sound.
3. Under Devices and Printers, click on Mouse.
4. Click on the tab that says Device Settings.
5. Under Devices, find your mouse pad and click on the box to enable it.
6. Click Apply and then OK.
We hope this article has been helpful in showing you how to disable mouse pad on Asus laptop. If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
Q 1. How can I disable my touchpad?
A. You can disable your touchpad by going into the Device Manager and selecting “Disable device” from the context menu.
Q 2. Which function key turns off the touchpad?
A. The function key that turns off the touchpad varies depending on the laptop model. However, it is typically one of the function keys (F1-F12) with a picture of a touchpad or mouse.