Do you find yourself constantly clicking on things by accident because your touchpad is always getting in the way? Here’s how to disable the touchpad on an Asus laptop. This will help keep you from accidentally clicking on things and save time and frustration.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to work without any interruptions. You’ll be able to focus more efficiently and get more done in less time.
Table of Contents
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click “Hardware and Sound.”
3. Click “Device Manager.”
4. Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” section.
5. Right-click your touchpad device and select “Properties.”
6. Select the “Driver” tab and click “Uninstall.”
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
8. Restart your computer to finalize the changes.
Related Blog: How To Install Software On Laptop without DVD drive?
What Is The Touchpad And Why Would You Want To Disable It?
The touchpad is a small, rectangular device that sits below the keyboard on a laptop. It is used to move the cursor around the screen and to select and open files and programs.
Some people find it easier to use a mouse than a touchpad, so they may want to disable the touchpad in order to use a mouse instead.
How To Disable The Touchpad On An Asus Laptop?
There are a few ways to do this, and the best method may vary depending on your model of ASUS laptop. However, you can usually disable the touchpad by going into the “Mouse” or “Touchpad” settings in the Control Panel, and then unchecking the box next to “Enable touchpad.”
You may also be able to disable the touchpad by going into the BIOS settings and changing the configuration there. If you’re not sure how to access the BIOS, consult your laptop’s manual or the ASUS website for more information.
1. Prevents accidental cursor movement while typing.
2. Can improve typing speed and accuracy.
3. Makes it easier to use an external mouse or trackpad.
4. Reduces wear and tear on the touchpad itself.
1. It May make it more difficult to use the touchpad when you actually need it.
2. Requires an extra step to enable the touchpad when you want to use it again.
3. It May not be available on all laptops.
Related Blog: What Is The Most Common Pointing Device On A Laptop?
Alternatives To Disabling The Touchpad
There are a few other ways to disable the touchpad on your Asus laptop, including using the “Fn” key, installing third-party software, or adjusting your mouse settings.
1. To disable the touchpad using the “Fn” key, look for a touchpad icon on one of the “Fn” keys (usually F9, F5, or F3). Press and hold the “Fn” key, then press the touchpad icon key to disable the touchpad. To re-enable the touchpad, press and hold the “Fn” key and press the touchpad icon key again.
2. You can also install third-party software to disable the touchpad. One popular program is Touchpad Blocker, which allows you to temporarily disable the touchpad with a hotkey or icon in the system tray.
3. If you just want to disable the touchpad while you’re using an external mouse, you can adjust your mouse settings. In Windows, go to Control Panel > Mouse, then click the “Device Settings” tab. Click the touchpad to select it, then click “Disable.” In macOS, go to System Preferences > Trackpad, then uncheck the “Enable trackpad” box.
We have shown you how to disable the touchpad on an ASUS laptop. We hope this guide was helpful and easy to follow. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Q 1. How can I disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop?
A. You can disable the touchpad on your ASUS laptop by going to the “Mouse” settings in the Control Panel. From there, you can click on the “Device Settings” tab and then uncheck the box next to “Enable Touchpad.” You can also use a hotkey to disable the touchpad. To do this, press the “Fn” key and the “F9” key at the same time.
Q 2. How do I enable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop?
A. You can enable the touchpad on your ASUS laptop by going to the “Mouse” settings in the Control Panel. From there, you can click on the “Device Settings” tab and then check the box next to “Enable Touchpad.” You can also use a hotkey to enable the touchpad. To do this, press the “Fn” key and the “F9” key at the same time.
Q 3. What is a hotkey?
A. A hotkey is a keyboard shortcut that you to perform a certain action without having to use the mouse. To use a hotkey on an ASUS laptop, you must press the “Fn” key and the desired function key at the same time. For example, pressing the “Fn” key and the “F9” key together will disable the touchpad.