Do you own a Dell laptop? If so, here’s how to find out what kind of Dell laptop I have. This information is useful if you need to troubleshoot problems or want to upgrade your laptop.
Note that there are many different types of Dell laptops (learn how to replace a dell laptop keyboard), so the process for finding out the model number may vary slightly depending on your specific machine. But don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it!
Table of Contents
- First, take a look at the back of your laptop. There should be a small sticker with some information on it, including the model number. If you don’t see a sticker, or if the sticker is damaged or illegible, don’t worry – there are other ways to find out your model number.
- Next, try looking in the System Information section of your Windows Control Panel. This is where you’ll find all sorts of information about your computer, including the model number.
- Finally, you can also check Dell’s website for support information. Just enter your laptop’s model number into the search bar and you’ll get a list of results, including product manuals and support
Related Blog: How To Replace A Dell Laptop Keyboard?
What Type Of Dell Laptop Do You Have?
There are a few ways to determine what type of Dell laptop (Bitlocker Key) you have. One way is to look at the model number on the bottom of your laptop. The model number will usually start with “Latitude” or “Precision,” followed by a series of numbers and letters.
If you can’t find the model number, or if you’re not sure what it is, you can also check the laptop’s specifications to see which model it belongs to. Another way to determine the type of Dell laptop you have is by the size and shape of the power adapter.
Dell offers a variety of adapters for their laptops, so it’s likely that your adapter will have some distinguishing features that will tell you what type of Dell laptop it belongs to. For example, the power adapter for a Dell Latitude E6420 has a triangular shape, while the power adapter for a Dell Inspiron 1545 is rectangular.
If you’re still not sure which type of Dell laptop you have, or if you need help identifying your model number, you can contact Dell customer support for assistance.
The Model Number Of Your Dell Laptop
If you want to find out the model number of your Dell laptop, you can look at the bottom of the laptop. The model number should be listed there.
Another way to find out the model number is by looking in System Information. To do this, open up System Information and select “System Summary.” The model number should be listed under “System Model.”
If you still can’t find the model number, you can try searching for it on Dell’s website. Enter your laptop’s service tag, which is usually located on the bottom of the laptop, and Dell should be able to tell you what model your laptop is.
The Service Tag Of Your Dell Laptop
1. Locate the service tag. The service tag is a unique alphanumeric code that identifies your Dell laptop. It’s usually located on the bottom of your laptop or on the back of your monitor.
2. Use the service tag to identify your laptop. You can use the service tag to identify your laptop in a number of ways:
- Use the Dell Support website to find your laptop’s support page. The support page contains information about your specific model, including drivers, manuals, and other important updates.
- Use the service tag to look up your laptop’s warranty status. This can be helpful if you need to get your laptop (Learn what charger does my laptop need) repaired or replaced.
- Use the service tag to find compatible parts for your laptop. If you’re looking to upgrade or replace a part on your laptop, the service tag can help you find compatible parts.
3. Keep your service tag handy. You’ll need it if you ever need to contact Dell support or if you want to take advantage of your laptop’s warranty.
Your Computer’s Current Configuration
To find out what kind of Dell computer you have, look at the “Model” section of your “System Properties.” To do this:
1. Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and select Properties.
2. Click on the General tab.
3. In the System section, next to Model, it will list the type of Dell computer you have.
If you do not see this information, you can also find it by clicking on the Start button and then typing “System” into the search bar. Click on System in the results and then look for Model in the System window.
If you still cannot determine your Dell computer’s model, you can try visiting Dell’s support website and using their “Detect Product” feature.
Your Computer’s Warranty Status
If you have a Dell laptop, the first place to check for warranty status is on Dell’s website.
- Click on the “Support” link at the top of the page and then select “Warranty & Contracts” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your service tag number, which is located on the bottom of your laptop, and click “Continue”.
- The warranty status for your computer will be displayed.
- If your laptop is still under warranty, Dell will provide instructions on how to proceed with a warranty claim.
- If your laptop is no longer covered by warranty, Dell may still provide limited support and/or parts for your model, but you will likely have to pay for these services.
- You can also check the warranty status of your Dell laptop by calling customer service.
- Have your service tag number ready when you call.
Related Blog: How Do I Find My Dell Laptop Model?
Checking Your Computer’s Model Number
If you need to know your Dell laptop’s model number but can’t find the sticker with the information, there are a few other ways to get it.
- One way is to open the Command Prompt application and type the following command: wmic product to get a name.
- This will give you a list of all the model names for Dell laptops.
- Another way to find your laptop’s model number is to download and run Dell’s System Detect application.
- System Detect will automatically detect the make and model of your computer and provide the information onscreen.
- You can also find your computer’s model number in the Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager and expand the “System Devices” category.
- Locate your computer’s model name and double-click on it.
- The model number will be displayed in the window that pops up.
Tips For Finding Out What Kind Of Dell Laptop You Have
Dell offers a wide variety of laptops, and it can be difficult to keep track of which model you have. However, there are a few ways that you can easily find out what kind of Dell laptop you have.
One way to find out is to look at the sticker on the bottom of your laptop. This sticker will list the specific model and the serial number of your laptop.
Another way to find out is to open up the “Device Manager” on your computer. To do this, go to the Start menu and type in “Device Manager.” Once you have opened up Device Manager, look for a category called “System Devices.” Under this category, you will find a list of devices that are installed on your computer. Each device will have a specific model number listed next to it.
Conclusion: So, now that you know a little more about how to find out your Dell laptop model number and what type of Dell laptop you have, what are you waiting for? Get started today! And if you need any help along the way, our team is always here to answer your questions.
Q 1. What do I do if I can’t find my laptop’s model number?
A. If you can’t find your Dell laptop’s model number, don’t worry! You can still get the information you need by following the instructions in this article.
Some of the methods we’ve listed require you to take your laptop apart, so if you’re not comfortable doing that, we recommend contacting Dell Support for help. They should be able to provide you with all the information you need about your specific machine.
Q 2. What is the difference between different Dell laptop models?
A. There are many different types of Dell laptops, so the differences between them can vary quite a bit. However, in general, some of the main differences between models include:
- Processor type and speed
- Amount of RAM
- Size and resolution of the display
- Type of storage (hard drive, SSD, etc.)
- Operating system
If you’re looking to upgrade your Dell laptop, it’s important to know what the differences are between different models so that you can choose the best one for your needs.
Q 3. What is the best Dell laptop model to buy?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Dell laptop model to buy depends on your individual needs and preferences. However, some of the most popular Dell laptop models include:
- The Dell XPS 13
- The Dell Inspiron 15 7000
- The Dell Latitude 3470
If you’re not sure which Dell laptop model is right for you, we recommend contacting Dell Support for help. They should be able to find the best machine for your needs and budget.