Have you ever accidentally how to fix a bent laptop charger? It’s not a pretty sight.
It can seem like the end of the world when your computer suddenly dies and you can’t find your charging cord.
But before you go out and buy a brand-new charger, try these tips for fixing a bent laptop charger. You may be surprised at how easy it is to restore it to its former glory!
Table of Contents
1. Check the sides of the charger for damage. If there are any nicks or cuts in the cord, this could be the cause of your charger not working correctly. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut away any damaged sections of the cord.
2. Use a hairdryer on low heat to straighten out the cord. Be careful not to overheat the cord, as this could damage it further.
3. Wrap the cord around a pencil or another cylindrical object to help give it shape.
4. Plug in the charger and test it out. If it still isn’t working, you may need to replace the cord entirely.
What To Do If Your Laptop Charger Is Bent?
If your laptop charger is bent, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it.
Depending on the severity of the bend, some of these methods may work better than others.
1. Use a pencil eraser to push down the exposed wires.
2. Use pliers to carefully straighten out the wires.
3. Use a soldering iron to melt the plastic casing and straighten out the wires.
4. Buy a new charger.
How To Fix A Bent Laptop Charger?
1. Start by unplugging the charger from the laptop.
2. Inspect the charger for any visible damage. If there are any cracks or frayed wires, do not attempt to fix the charger and replace it immediately.
3. If the charger looks intact, use a flat surface to straighten out the cord as much as possible.
4. Once the cord is straightened, plug the charger back into the laptop and see if it is working properly. If the charger still does not work, it may need to be replaced.
What To Do If You Can’t Fix The Bent Laptop Charger?
If you can’t fix the bent laptop charger, you’ll need to buy a new one.
You can find replacement chargers online or at your local electronics store. Be sure to get the right charger for your laptop model!
Alternatives To A Bent Laptop Charger
Your best bet is to purchase a replacement charger from the manufacturer or a reputable third-party retailer.
If you must continue using the bent charger, there are a few ways to temporarily fix the issue.
- Use a paperclip or other small, stiff object to straighten out the end of the charger that plugs into the laptop.
- Wrap the end of the charger with electrical tape to hold it in place.
- Plug the charger into a power strip so that you can position the cord in a way that minimizes stress on the connection.
1. Inspect the charger for visible damage. If you see any exposed wires or broken plastic, do not attempt to fix the charger yourself. Instead, take it to a professional for repair or replacement.
2. Check the connection between the charger and the computer. Make sure that the charger is firmly plugged into both the computer and the power outlet.
3. Examine the cord for kinks or bends. Gently straighten out any kinks or bends in the cord. Avoid excessive twisting, as this can permanently damage the cord.
4. Plug in your laptop and turn it on. Check to see if charging has resumed. If not, continue to the next step.
5. Unplug your laptop and remove the battery. Inspect the charging port on your computer for any debris or dirt. Use a can of compressed air to blow out any dirt or debris that might be blocking the charge port.
6. Reinstall the battery and plug in your laptop. Check to see if the charger is now working properly. If not, you may need to purchase a new charger.
I hope this article has helped show you how to fix a bent laptop charger. It’s not as difficult as it may seem, and with a little bit of patience, you should be able to get your charger back to its original condition.
Q 1. How do you fix a bent laptop charger?
A. There are a few ways to fix a bent laptop charger. One way is to use a pair of pliers to straighten out the connector. Another way is to use a wire cutter to remove the damaged part of the connector. Finally, you can replace the connector with a new one.
Q 2. Is it safe to use a bent charger?
A. No, it is not safe to use a bent charger. The damaged connector can cause an electrical short, which can lead to a fire or other damage to your laptop.
Q 3. Can I fix my laptop charger?
A. Yes, you can fix your laptop charger if it is damaged. However, it is important to note that this is not a permanent fix. The best way to ensure that your charger lasts long is to replace it with a new one.