Are you looking to install Windows 10 on your Lenovo laptop? If so, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step.
We’ll also provide some tips and tricks along the way about how to install windows 10 on Lenovo laptop. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is create a bootable USB drive. This can be done using the Windows 10 ISO image and Rufus (https://rufus.akeo.ie/).
2. Once you have created the bootable USB drive, insert it into your Lenovo laptop and turn it on.
3. At the BIOS screen, press the F12 key to enter the boot menu. From here, select your USB drive as the boot device.
4. The Windows 10 installation process will now begin. Follow the prompts and instructions on-screen to complete the installation.
5. Once Windows 10 has been installed, you’ll need to install the necessary drivers and software for your Lenovo laptop.
You can find the latest drivers and software on the Lenovo support website (https://support.lenovo.com/).
6. Finally, once everything is up and running, you’re all set! You’ve successfully installed Windows 10 on your Lenovo laptop.
Read More: Where Is The Microphone On Lenovo Laptop?
The system requirements for Windows 10 installation are as follows:
- A minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- A minimum of 20 GB of free hard disk space (40 GB recommended)
- A processor that is compatible with PAE, NX, and SSE2 (see list of supported processors)
- A graphics card that is compatible with Direct3D 9 or higher
- A display resolution of 1024×768 or higher
If your Lenovo laptop meets the system requirements, you can proceed with the installation.
How To Install Windows 10 On Lenovo Laptop?
There are two ways to install Windows 10 on your Lenovo laptop – either using an upgrade from an existing Windows installation or a clean install.
If you are upgrading from an existing Windows installation, the process is relatively straightforward. Simply insert the Windows 10 installation media into your computer and follow the prompts.
Once the upgrade is complete, your Lenovo laptop will be running Windows 10.
If you want to perform a clean install of Windows 10, the process is a little more involved. First, you will need to create a bootable USB drive or DVD with the Windows 10 installation media.
Once you have created the bootable media, boot your Lenovo laptop from it and follow the prompts. During the installation process, you will be asked where you want to install Windows 10.
Choose the option to “Delete all partitions on this disk” and select the unallocated space to install Windows 10. Once the installation is complete, your laptop will be running Windows 10.
How To Create A Bootable USB Drive?
Before you start, make sure you have:
- A PC with a 64-bit processor that’s capable of running Windows 10
- An empty USB flash drive (at least 4GB) or blank DVD (and DVD burner)
- A product key for a previous version of Windows, if you’re upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1
Read More: How To Open USB On Lenovo Laptop?
Where To Find Windows 10 Installation Files?
If you have a Windows 10 installation DVD or USB drive, you can insert it now and follow the prompts to get started with the installation process.
If you don’t have either of those things, you’ll need to download the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft and create your own installation media.
How To Activate Windows 10?
If you’ve never installed an activated Windows 10 on this computer before, you’ll need a valid product key to do so.
If you have a retail license, you can find the 25-character product key on a sticker attached to the packaging that came with your PC.
If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft, the product key should have been emailed to you. If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, you can enter that product key here as well.
If you upgraded to Windows 10 from an earlier version of Windows and you don’t have a digital license or a product key, your copy of Windows 10 will be activated automatically after connecting to Microsoft’s servers online.
So there you have it! You now know how to install Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop. If you follow these simple steps, you should be up and running in no time.
Have any questions or run into any problems? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help out. And don’t forget to share this post with your friends they may find it helpful too!
Q 1. How can I get Windows 10 for free on my Lenovo laptop?
A. If you have a valid product key for a previous version of Windows, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Otherwise, you can purchase a copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft or a retail store.
Q 2. Can I download Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop?
A. Yes, you can download Windows 10 from Microsoft or a retail store.
Q 3. How much does Windows 10 cost?
A. Windows 10 Home retails for $139 and Windows 10 Pro retails for $199.99. However, prices may vary depending on where you purchase your copy of Windows 10.