A power bank is a great way to keep your devices charged when you’re on the go. And it’s easy to make your own with just a few simple supplies.
Follow these instructions and you’ll be able to make your own power bank in no time at all! It’s a great project for anyone who wants to learn more about electronics and battery charging.
Learn how to make power bank from laptop battery!
Read More: How To Fix Loose Laptop Charging Port?
1. remove the back panel of your laptop and locate the battery
2. remove the battery from your laptop and using a voltmeter, check the voltage of the battery. It should be between 11 and 16 volts.
3. Cut 2 pieces of copper wire, each about 6 inches long.
4. Using a flathead screwdriver, gently pry open the battery case. Be careful not to damage the battery cells inside.
5. Locate the positive and negative terminals on the battery. The positive terminal will have a + sign next to it, and the negative terminal will have a – sign next to it.
6. Strip about ½ inch of insulation from each end of the copper wires.
7. Attach one end of a wire to the positive terminal of the battery and the other end to the positive terminal of the power bank.
8. Attach one end of the other wire to the negative terminal of the battery and the other end to the negative terminal of the power bank.
9. Close the battery case and reattach the back panel to your laptop.
1. Read all of the instructions before beginning.
2. This guide is meant to be used with a 6-cell, 11.1V, 5200mAh laptop battery pack.
3. Do not disassemble your laptop battery pack if it is still sealed in plastic wrap. The chemicals inside the cells can cause skin irritation.
4. Use gloves, eye protection, and a dust mask when working with the battery cells.
5. Work in a well-ventilated area.
6. Do not use a power drill to remove the screws from the battery pack case. Use a manual screwdriver instead.
7. Be careful not to damage the battery cells when removing them from the pack.
8. Do not allow the battery cells to come into contact with each other or any metal objects.
9. Do not discharge the battery cells below 2.5V per cell. Discharging the cells too low can damage them and shorten their lifespan.
What You’ll Need?
- 6-cell, 11.1V, 5200mAh laptop battery pack
- Phillips screwdriver
- Soldering iron and solder
- 22 AWG wire
- Heat shrink tubing
- DC power jack (2.1mm x 5.5mm)
- Lithium-ion battery charger (must be capable of charging at 1A or less)
How To Make Power Bank From Laptop Battery?
Are you looking for a way to use your old laptop battery to make a power bank? If so, then this guide is for you. With just a few simple steps, you can easily turn your laptop battery into a powerful and portable charger for your devices.
- First, you will need to gather the following materials:
- An old laptop battery
- A drill
- A 3.5mm drill bit
- A pair of scissors
- A USB cable
- A power bank case (optional)
Read More: How To Remove Dell Laptop Battery?
Now, Let’s Get Started:
1. Using the drill, make a hole in the side of the laptop battery. This hole should be big enough to fit the USB cable.
2. Cut off a section of the USB cable, and strip away the insulation from the wires.
3. Connect the positive wire (usually red) to the positive terminal on the battery, and connect the negative wire (usually black) to the negative terminal.
4. If you are using a power bank case, insert the battery into the case and close it up. Otherwise, you can simply wrap the battery in electrical tape.
5. That’s it! Your laptop battery power bank is now ready to use. Simply connect your devices to the USB port and start charging.
We’ve shown you how to make power bank from laptop battery. This is a great way to recycle an old battery and keep it from ending up in a landfill. Not only is this project environmentally friendly, but it can also save you money on batteries in the future.
Have you tried making your own power bank? If so, tell us about your experience in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Q 1. How do I convert my laptop battery to a power bank?
A. It’s actually quite simple! All you need is a laptop battery, a power bank case, and a USB cable. First, remove the battery from your laptop. Next, insert the battery into the power bank case. Finally, use the USB cable to connect the power bank to your laptop. That’s it! Your laptop battery is now a power bank.
Q 2. Can I use any laptop battery to make a power bank?
A. No, not all laptop batteries are suitable for this purpose. Only lithium-ion batteries can be used to make power banks. This is because lithium-ion batteries are the only type of battery that can be safely charged and discharged multiple times.
Q 3. How do you make a homemade power bank?
A. You can make a power bank at home using a laptop battery, a power bank case, and a USB cable. First, remove the battery from your laptop. Next, insert the battery into the power bank case. Finally, use the USB cable to connect the power bank to your laptop. That’s it! Your laptop battery is now a power bank.