Are you thinking about buying a laptop but not sure which size is right for you? In this blog post, we’ll show you how to measure your laptop so you can make an informed decision. We’ll tell you what to look for when measuring your laptop, and we’ll provide some tips on how to get the most accurate measurement. Keep reading to learn more!
Table of Contents
1. Find a ruler or tape measure and make sure it is in inches.
2. Place the laptop on a flat surface with the screen facing up.
3. Measure the width of the laptop from one side to the other, making sure to include the bezel around the screen in your measurement. This is typically between 11 and 15 inches for most laptops.
4. Measure the depth of the laptop from front to back, again making sure to include the bezel in your measurement. This is typically between 1 and 2 inches for most laptops.
5. Record these measurements so that you can reference them when shopping for a new laptop case or skin.
Remember, these dimensions may vary slightly depending on the make and model of your laptop.
Related Blog: How To Open HP Laptop Case?
What Do You Need To Measure?
- A laptop
- A ruler or a measuring tape
How To Take Accurate Measurements?
When you’re measuring your laptop, it’s important to be as accurate as possible. The last thing you want is for your new case or sleeve to be too small or too large. Here are a few tips on how to take accurate measurements:
1. Get a friend to help you. It’s much easier to take measurements when you have someone to hold the laptop steady.
2. Use a ruler or tape measure. Be precise when measuring the length, width, and height of your laptop.
3. Measure in inches or centimeters. Depending on what country you’re in, you may use inches or centimeters to measure your devices. Make sure you’re using the right units!
4. Round up to the nearest inch or centimeter. If your laptop is exactly 13 inches long, it’s probably best to round up to 14 inches just to be safe.
5. Make a note of all the measurements. Once you have all the numbers, write them down or take a picture so you don’t forget. This will come in handy when you start shopping for a new case or sleeve.
What To Do With Your Measurements?
Now that you’ve got your measurements, what do you do with them? Well, the first thing you need to do is figure out which laptop size is best for you. To do this, you’ll need to compare your measurements to the dimensions of different laptops. This can be done easily on the internet.
Once you’ve found a few laptops that are the right size for you, the next step is to figure out which one has the features you want. This includes things like screen size, battery life, and price. Once you’ve found a laptop that has everything you’re looking for, it’s time to make your purchase!
Related Blog: How To Measure Laptop For Sleeve?
Common Laptop Sizes And Their Dimensions:
13-inch: Length – 11.9 inches (30.2 cm), Width – 8.9 inches (22.6 cm), Height – 0.8 inches (2.03 cm)
15-inch: Length – 14.1 inches (35.8 cm), Width – 9.7 inches (24.6 cm), Height – 0.9 inches (2.29 cm)
17-inch: Length – 15.4 inches (39.1 cm), Width – 10.6 inches (26.9 cm), Height – 1 inch (2.54 cm)
Now that you know the common sizes, measuring your laptop is a breeze. All you need is a tape measure or ruler. The easiest way to do it is to place your laptop on its side and measure the length, width, and height.
Some laptops also have a built-in feature that measures their dimensions for you. If your laptop has this, simply open up the Settings menu and look for a measurement somewhere near the bottom.
Once you have your laptop’s dimensions, you can compare them to the dimensions of the most common laptop sizes to find the best size for you. Just remember that not every laptop is made in each size, so it’s important to measure your particular laptop to find the best fit.
Extra Tips For Measuring Laptops
- If your laptop has a detachable battery, remove it before measuring.
- Measure the diagonal width of the screen from corner to corner.
- Measure the thickness of the laptop at its thickest point.
- Measure the weight of the laptop.
- If you are measuring a laptop with a touchscreen, make sure to include the thickness of the screen when measuring the overall thickness of the device.
So, how do you measure your laptop? With the help of this guide, you should now be able to get an accurate measurement for your device. If you’re still unsure after reading this post or if you have any other questions about measuring laptops, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. We would be more than happy to help!
Q 1. How do I measure my laptop?
A.There are a few things you need to take into consideration when measuring your laptop. First, you’ll need to decide which size you want. There are three common sizes: 11″, 13″, and 15″. Once you’ve decided on a size, you’ll need to measure the width and height of your screen. You can do this by using a ruler or tape measure. Next, you’ll need to measure the depth of your laptop. This is the distance from the front of your screen to the back of your keyboard. Finally, you’ll need to consider the weight of your laptop. This will vary depending on the size and features of your laptop.
Q 2. What should I look for when measuring my laptop?
A.When measuring your laptop, you’ll need to measure the width, height, and depth of your screen. You should also consider the weight of your laptop.
Q 3. How can I get the most accurate measurement?
A.To get the most accurate measurement, you should use a ruler or tape measure to measure the width and height of your screen. You should also use a scale to weigh your laptop.
Q 4. What are the most common laptop sizes?
A.The three most common laptop sizes are 11″, 13″, and 15″.
Q 5. What should I do if my laptop is bigger or smaller than the standard sizes?
A.If your laptop is bigger or smaller than the standard sizes, you may want to consider purchasing a laptop sleeve or bag to protect your device.
Q 6. How much does the weight of a laptop vary depending on size?
A.The weight of a laptop will vary depending on the size and features of your device. Generally, larger laptops will weigh more than smaller laptops.