You’ve just bought a shiny new Asus laptop, but don’t know how to open it! Opening your new Asus laptop can seem daunting, but it’s actually a very simple process.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to open Asus laptop. We’ll also show you where the screws are so you can avoid damaging your laptop while opening it.
1. First, locate the screws on the back of your laptop. There are usually two or three screws holding the back panel in place.
2. Once you’ve found the screws, use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove them.
3. Next, gently pry the back panel off of your laptop. Be careful not to damage the back panel or the LCD screen.
4. Once the back panel is removed, you should see the inside of your laptop. The battery, hard drive, and RAM are all located here.
5. To remove the battery, simply unplug the power cord from the back of the laptop. Then, unscrew the two or three screws holding the battery in place. Finally, lift the battery out of the laptop.
6. To remove the hard drive, first unplug the power cord and SATA cable from the back of the drive. Then, unscrew the four screws holding the hard drive in place. Finally, lift the hard drive out of its bay.
7. To remove RAM, first unplug the power cord from your laptop. Next, locate the RAM slots on your motherboard. There are usually two or four slots for RAM modules. Gently push down on the tabs that hold each RAM module in place and then pull the modules out of their slots.
What Type Of Screwdriver Do You Need To Open An Asus Laptop?
There are several types of screws that can be used to fasten an Asus laptop, so you will need to determine which type of screwdriver is required. The most common type of screw used to fasten an Asus laptop is a Phillips head screw. You will also need a flathead screwdriver for some models.
Remove The Battery
To begin, you will need to remove the battery from your Asus laptop. Locate the Phillips head screws on the underside of the laptop and remove them. The battery may be held in place by a plastic tab, so you may need to use a flathead screwdriver to pry it loose. Once the screws are removed and the battery is loose, you should be able to slide it out of the laptop.
Locate The Screws Holding The Back Cover In Place
With the battery removed, you will now need to locate the screws holding the back cover in place. These screws are usually located around the perimeter of the back cover. Remove these screws with your Phillips head screwdriver.
Remove The Back Cover
With all of the screws removed, you should now be able to remove the back cover from your Asus laptop. Be careful not to damage any of the delicate components inside as you remove the back cover. Once the back cover is removed, you will have access to all of the internals of your laptop.
Locate The CMOS Battery
The CMOS battery is a small, round battery located near the center of the motherboard. This battery provides power to the BIOS and keeps it running when the laptop is turned off. In order to reset the BIOS, you will need to remove this battery for a few minutes.
Remove The CMOS Battery
To remove the CMOS battery, simply disconnect it from the motherboard. Once it is disconnected, you can leave it out for a few minutes before reconnecting it. This will reset the BIOS and allow you to enter a new password.
Remove The Hard Motherboard
First, you will need to remove the hard motherboard from your Asus laptop. To do this, you will need to unscrew the two screws that hold it in place. Once you have unscrewed these, you can simply lift the motherboard out.
Remove The Hard Drive
Next, you will need to remove the hard drive from your Asus laptop. To do this, you will need to unscrew the four screws that hold it in place. Once you have unscrewed these, you can simply lift the hard drive out.
Remove The Optical Drive
Finally, you will need to remove the optical drive from your Asus laptop. To do this, you will need to unscrew the two screws that hold it in place. Once you have unscrewed these, you can simply lift the optical drive out.
Related Blog: How To Make Power Bank From Laptop Battery?
1. Look for a small notch or indentation on the bottom of the laptop. This is usually located near the hinges.
2. Use a paperclip or other sharp object to insert into the notch and pop open the bottom panel.
3. Once the bottom panel is opened, you should see the battery, hard drive, and other internal components.
4. To remove the battery, simply unscrew the retaining screws and lift it out.
5. To access the hard drive, there may be a cover that needs to be removed. Again, simply unscrew the retaining screws and lift off the cover.
With these tips, you should now know how to open an Asus laptop!
So there you have it. Our comprehensive guide on how to open ASUS laptop. We hope you found this information helpful and that it has enabled you to resolve the issue at hand. If not, or if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Q 1. How do I open the front of my Asus laptop?
A. To open the front of your Asus laptop, first locate the two plastic tabs on the back edge of the monitor. Next, gently lift up on the tabs until the front of the monitor pops open. Finally, use your fingers to lightly pull the monitor away from the body of the laptop.
Q 2. What to do when Asus’s laptop is not opening?
A. If your Asus laptop is not opening, first check to make sure that the power cord is properly plugged into the laptop and into a working outlet. If the cord is plugged in but the laptop still will not turn on, try holding down the power button for 10 seconds, then release it and press it again. If the laptop still does not turn on, your battery may be dead and you will need to plug the laptop into a power source to charge it.
Q 3. Can you open the ASUS laptop?
A. ASUS laptops can be opened, but the process may vary depending on the model of the laptop. For most ASUS laptops, the first step is