If you are looking for a way to play DVDs on your HP laptop, you can do so by using an external DVD drive. In this article, we will show you how to play DVD on hp laptop with external DVD drive with your HP laptop.
We will also provide instructions on how to format the external DVD drive for use with your HP laptop. Finally, we will discuss some of the benefits of using an external DVD drive with your HP laptop.
First, you will need to purchase an external DVD drive. You can find these drives at most electronics stores. Once you have the drive, you will need to connect it to your HP laptop via the USB port.
Once the drive is connected, you will need to open the “My Computer” application on your HP laptop. In the “My Computer” window, you should see the new drive listed. Right-click on the new drive and select the “Eject” option.
Next, insert a DVD into the external DVD drive. Once the disc is inserted, it will begin to play automatically. If it does not play automatically, double-click on the drive to open it. Then, double-click on the DVD icon to start playback.
You can also use the external DVD drive to play DVDs on your HP laptop if you do not have a DVD player installed. To do this, open the “Windows Media Player” application.
Click on the “File” menu and select “Open.” In the “Open” dialog box, change the “Files of Type” drop-down menu to “All Files.” Next, navigate to the drive where the DVD is located and double-click on the DVD icon. The movie should begin playing on Windows Media Player.
Read More: How To Draw A Laptop Computer?
Formatting The External Drive
If you want to use the external DVD drive with your HP laptop on a regular basis, you may want to format the drive. This will allow you to store files on the drive and play DVDs from it. To format the external DVD drive, right-click on the drive and select the “Format” option.
In the “Format” dialog box, make sure that the “File System” drop-down menu is set to “FAT32.” Then, click on the “Start” button to begin the format process. Once the process is complete, you will be able to use the drive with your HP laptop.
Benefits of Using An External DVD Drive
There are several benefits of using an external DVD drive with your HP laptop.
- First, it allows you to play DVDs without having to install a DVD player on your computer.
- Second, it gives you the ability to store files on the drive and play them back at a later time.
- Finally, it allows you to take your movies with you when you travel.
With an external DVD drive, you can watch your favorite movies on your HP laptop without having to worry about installing a DVD player.
You can also store files on the drive and play them back at a later time. Additionally, you can take your movies with you when you travel.
What You’ll need?
To play a DVD on your HP laptop, you will need an external DVD drive and some form of media player software. We recommend the VLC media player, which is both free and easy to use. You can download it here.
Once you have everything downloaded and installed, just insert your DVD into the drive and open up VLC. Click on Media > Open Disc and select your DVD drive as the source. Hit Play and you’re good to go!
If you’re having trouble getting everything to work, make sure that your computer’s region settings are configured correctly for your DVD drive. You can usually find this option in the BIOS menu.
How To Connect The External DVD Drive?
First of all, you need to connect the external DVD drive to your HP laptop. You can do this by using a USB cable. Once the drive is connected, you should see a notification on your screen.
How To Open The External DVD Drive?
Now that the drive is connected, you can open it by double-clicking on the icon. This will open up a new window where you can see the contents of the drive.
How To Play DVDs On Your HP Laptop?
Now that you have opened the external DVD drive, you can insert a DVD into it. To do this, simply click on the “Eject” button and insert the disc into the drive. Once the disc is inserted, you should see it appear in the window.
You can now play the DVD by double-clicking on the icon. This will open up a new window where you can control the playback of the disc. You can also use the controls on your keyboard to control the playback.
Read More: What Charger Does My Laptop Need?
Tips For Watching DVDs On Your Laptop:
1. If your computer has a DVD drive, you can use it to watch DVDs. To do this, insert the DVD into the drive and wait for it to load.
2. You can also use an external DVD drive to watch DVDs on your laptop. To do this, connect the drive to your computer and insert the DVD.
3. If you don’t have a DVD drive, you can still watch DVDs by using a DVD player software program. There are many different programs available, so be sure to choose one that is compatible with your computer’s operating system.
4. Make sure that you have all of the necessary cables and connections before you begin watching a DVD. For example, you will need an HDMI cable if you want to watch a movie on your television.
5. Most laptops have a built-in media player that can be used to watch DVDs. If yours does not, you can download a media player program from the internet.
6. If you are having trouble watching a DVD on your laptop, try adjusting the screen resolution. To do this, go to the “Control Panel” and click on “Display.” Then, click on “Change display settings.”
7. Finally, if you are still having trouble watching a DVD on your laptop, you may need to update your video drivers. To do this, go to the “Device Manager” and click on “Display adapters.” Right-click on the adapter that you are using and select “Update Driver Software.”
8. If you follow these tips, you should be able to watch DVDs on your laptop without any problems.
So there you have it. How to play DVD on HP laptop with external DVD drive. We hope this article was helpful and easy to follow. If not, please leave a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Q 1. How do I get my laptop to recognize an external DVD drive?
A. If you’re having trouble getting your laptop to recognize your external DVD drive, make sure that you have it properly connected to your computer. You can do this by using a USB cable. Once the drive is connected, you should see a notification on your screen.
Q 2. Why won’t my HP laptop play a DVD?
A. If your HP laptop is not playing a DVD, it could be because the region settings are not configured correctly. To fix this, go to the BIOS menu and make sure that the correct region is selected.
Q 3. How do I open the DVD drive on my HP laptop Windows 10?
A. To open the DVD drive on your HP laptop running Windows 10, simply double-click on the icon. This will open up a new window where you can see the contents of the drive.