If you’re like most laptop users, you probably notice the occasional scratch on your screen. While these scratches may not seem like a big deal, they can actually cause some serious damage to your computer if left untreated.
Luckily, there are a few easy ways to remove scratches from your laptop screen without damaging it further. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to remove scratches from laptop screen using only a few common household items.
What You’ll Need?
- Soft cloth
- Pencil Eraser
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Abrasive Toothpaste
- Petroleum Jelly/Vaseline
- Windscreen Polish/Plastic Polish
- A mixture of Egg and Potassium Aluminum Sulfate
Related Blog: How To Ground Yourself When Working On A Laptop?
Toothpaste is a great and affordable way to remove scratches from your laptop screen. Just put a small amount of toothpaste on a cloth and rub it into the scratches.
Be sure to rinse the area with water afterward and dry it off completely.
Another great option for removing scratches from your laptop screen is a window cleaner. Just put a small amount of window cleaner on a cloth and rub it into the scratches.
The best way to remove small scratches from your laptop screen is to use a soft cloth. You can use a microfiber cloth or any other type of soft cloth that doesn’t have any abrasive materials on it.
Simply fold the cloth so that it’s nice and thick, and then gently rub the scratch in a circular motion.
You should see the scratch start to disappear. If the scratch is still visible, you can try using a slightly damp cloth. Again, rub the scratch in a circular motion until it disappears.
The best way to remove scratches from laptop screens is by using pencil erasers. Rub the eraser gently over the scratches in a circular motion. This will help to remove the scratches and make your screen look new again.
One way to remove scratches from your laptop screen is to use rubbing alcohol. Simply apply some rubbing alcohol to a clean, soft cloth and gently rub it over the scratch.
You should see the scratch begin to disappear. If it doesn’t seem to be working, you can try using a higher concentration of rubbing alcohol.
Another way to remove scratches from your laptop screen is to use baking soda. Mix some baking soda with water to create a paste.
Then, apply the paste to a clean, soft cloth and rub it over the scratch. The scratch should start to disappear.
If you don’t have any rubbing alcohol or baking soda on hand, you can try using ammonia. Mix some ammonia with water to create a paste. then, apply the paste to a clean, soft cloth and rub it over the scratch.
The scratch should start to disappear. Just be sure to avoid getting ammonia on your skin, as it can be harmful.
One of the most popular home remedies for removing scratches from plastic is to use petroleum jelly or Vaseline. All you need to do is apply a small amount of petroleum jelly or Vaseline to a soft, clean cloth and rub it into the scratch in a circular motion. You should see the scratch start to disappear.
Windscreen Polish/Plastic Polish
This is a very effective way to remove scratches from your screen, but you need to be careful not to use too much pressure or you could end up making the scratch worse.
Apply a small amount of the polish to a clean, soft cloth and rub it into the scratch in a circular motion. You should see the scratch start to disappear.
A Mixture Of Egg And Potassium Aluminum Sulfate
This is a method that has been suggested by many people and it supposedly works really well. All you need to do is mix together an egg and potassium aluminum sulfate until it forms a paste.
Then, apply the paste to the scratches on your laptop screen and let it sit for about 15 minutes. After that, use a microfiber cloth to buff away the paste and you should see the scratches start to disappear.
How To Remove Deep Scratches From Laptop Screens?
There are a few ways that you can go about removing deep scratches from your laptop screen. The first option is to use a store-bought scratch remover kit. These kits usually come with a cloth or sponge that you can use to rub the scratches away.
Another option is to make your own scratch remover solution at home. All you need is a few simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen.
For this solution, you will need two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of vinegar, and two cups of water. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl or a spray bottle.
Then, lightly spray the solution onto the scratches and use a cloth or sponge to rub the scratches away. If you want to avoid using any chemicals, you can try using a pencil eraser to rub the scratches away.
Just make sure that you use a soft eraser so that you don’t damage the screen further.
Once you have removed the scratches, be sure to protect your screen from future damage by investing in a good-quality screen protector.
How To Protect Your Laptop Screen From Getting Scratched In The Future?
There are a few things you can do to protect your laptop screen from getting scratched in the future. You can use a screen protector, and you can also make sure that you’re not using anything sharp when you’re working on your laptop.
Related Blog: How To Fix Black Lines On Laptop Screen?
1. Power off your laptop and unplug it from any power source.
2. If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it.
3. Flip over your laptop and find the screws that hold the back panel in place. Remove these screws with a Phillips head screwdriver.
4. Carefully remove the back panel. Be careful not to touch any of the delicate electronic components inside.
5. Locate the LCD screen. It is the large, flat panel that contains the display.
6. Find the connector that attaches the LCD screen to the motherboard. This will likely be a white, ribbon-like cable.
7. Gently disconnect the LCD screen from the motherboard.
8. Place the LCD screen face-down on a soft, clean cloth.
9. Use a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol to gently rub away any dirt or fingerprints from the back of the LCD screen. Be careful not to press too hard, as this could damage the screen.
10. Use a soft, clean cloth to buff away any residual alcohol.
11. Carefully reattach the LCD screen to the motherboard. Make sure that the connector is firmly in place.
12. Replace the back panel and screw it into place.
13. Reconnect the power source and turn on your laptop.
14. Check to see if the scratches have been removed. If not, repeat the steps until the scratches are gone.
Tips For Preventing Scratches
1. Always use a soft, clean cloth when cleaning your laptop screen. Do not use any type of abrasive cleaner, as this could damage the screen.
2. When transporting your laptop, be sure to use a padded case or sleeve. This will help to protect the screen from being scratched by other items in your bag.
3. Avoid placing your laptop directly on hard surfaces, such as a table or desk. Instead, use a soft cloth or mousepad to create a buffer between the surface and your laptop.
4. If you must stack other items on top of your laptop, be sure to use a soft cloth in between to prevent scratching.
5. Regularly use a screen protector to help prevent scratches from occurring in the first place. Screen protectors are available at most electronics stores.
So, there you have it! Everything you need to know about how to remove scratches from laptop screen. It’s not a difficult process, but it is important that you take your time and do it correctly so that the scratch doesn’t become worse.
We hope you found this guide helpful. If you did, please share with your friends and family who might also benefit from knowing how to fix this common problem.
And as always, if you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to us. We love hearing from our readers!
Q 1. What are the different ways to remove scratches from a laptop screen?
A. There are a few different ways to remove scratches from a laptop screen. You can use a commercial scratch remover, a household item, or a DIY method.
Q 2. What is the best way to remove scratches from a laptop screen?
A. The best way to remove scratches from a laptop screen is to use a commercial scratch remover. These products are designed to remove scratches without damaging the screen.
Q 3. Can I remove scratches from my laptop screen at home?
A. Yes, you can remove scratches from your laptop screen at home using a household item or a DIY method. However, it’s important to be careful when using these methods, as they can damage the screen if not used correctly.
Q 4. What are some of the best household items to use for removing scratches from a laptop screen?
A. Some of the best household items to use for removing scratches from a laptop screen include toothpaste, olive oil, and vinegar. These items are safe to use and will remove most scratches from your screen.
Q 5. What is the best DIY method for removing scratches from a laptop screen?
A. The best DIY method for removing scratches from a laptop screen is to use a microfiber cloth and some water. This method is safe to use and will remove most scratches from your screen.
Q 6. My laptop screen is really scratched up. Will these methods work on my computer?
A. These methods may not work on severely scratched laptop screens. If your laptop screen is too scratched up, you may need to take it to a professional for repair.