If your Asus laptop screen is cracked, bleeding, or just not working correctly, you may need to replace it. This guide will show you how to replace an Asus laptop screen and install a new one.
Be sure to read through the entire guide before beginning any repairs. Asus laptop screens can be expensive, so take your time and do it right.
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (optional)
- Spudger or plastic opening tool (optional)
- New replacement LCD screen
1. Power off your Asus laptop and unplug the AC adapter.
2. Flip the laptop over and unscrew the two screws located on the back near the hinges, using a Phillips head screwdriver.
3. Lift up the back cover and set it aside.
4. Unscrew the four screws holding down the metal plate that covers the LCD screen.
5. Pry up the plate with a flathead screwdriver.
6. Pull out the old LCD screen carefully and disconnect the video cable from its connector on the back of the screen.
7. Connect the new LCD screen’s video cable to its corresponding connector on the back of the new screen, making sure that it is properly seated in its connector.
8. Place the new LCD screen in the metal frame and screw it in place with the four screws you removed earlier.
9. Replace the back cover and screw it in place with the two screws you removed earlier.
10. Plug in your Asus laptop’s AC adapter and power on the laptop to test the new screen.
How To Replace An ASUS Laptop Screen?
If you need to replace your Asus laptop screen, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account. First, you’ll need to identify the model of your Asus laptop.
Next, you’ll need to purchase a compatible replacement screen. Finally, you’ll need to follow some simple steps to replace the screen yourself. Let’s get started!
Asus Laptop Model Identification
Before you can purchase a replacement screen, you’ll first need to identify the model of your Asus laptop.
The model number is usually printed on the bottom of the laptop, or on the back of the LCD screen bezel. Once you have the model number, you can use it to find a compatible replacement screen online.
Purchasing A Replacement Screen
Once you know the model number of your Asus laptop, you can purchase a compatible replacement screen.
Be sure to purchase a screen with the same resolution, backlight type, and connector type as your original screen. You can find this information by searching for your Asus laptop model online.
Replacing The Screen
Now that you have your replacement screen, it’s time to replace the old one. Begin by disconnecting the power adapter and removing the battery from your laptop.
Next, remove the screws from the back of the LCD bezel and carefully remove them from the laptop.
Then, disconnect the LCD cable from the motherboard and remove the old LCD panel. Finally, connect the new LCD panel and reassemble your laptop.
Before you begin, be sure to discharge your static electricity by grounding yourself to a metal object. This will help to prevent damaging your laptop’s components.
1. Power off your laptop and unplug the AC adapter.
2. Remove the battery from your laptop (if applicable).
3. Flip your laptop over and locate the screws holding your screen in place. In most cases, there will be 4 screws along the top of the screen bezel, and 2 screws along the bottom.
4. Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove all screws and set them aside in a safe place.
5. Gently pry up on the plastic bezel around the edge of the screen until it pops off. Be careful not to damage the bezel as you remove it.
6. Disconnect the video cable from the back of the screen and carefully lift the old screen out of the housing.
7. Take your new replacement screen and connect the video cable to it.
8. Carefully lower the new screen into the housing and replace all screws.
9. Replace the battery (if applicable) and plug in the AC adapter.
10. Power on your laptop and enjoy your new screen!
Replacing your laptop screen may seem daunting, but it’s a process that can easily be accomplished with the right tools and some patience.
Our guide has walked you through each step of the replacement process for an ASUS laptop, so following along should make the task less intimidating.
If you do run into any problems or have any questions, feel free to reach out to us for help.
Q 1. How much does it cost to fix the screen on an Asus laptop?
A. The cost of repairing or replacing the screen on an Asus laptop will vary depending on the model of the laptop and the severity of the damage. In some cases, a simple fix such as replacing a cracked screen may only cost a few hundred dollars. However, if the damage is more severe, such as if the entire screen needs to be replaced, the cost can be upwards of $1,000.
Q 2. Can I replace a laptop screen myself?
A. It is possible to replace a laptop screen yourself, but it is not recommended unless you have experience with electronics repair. Replacing a laptop screen requires opening up the device and working with delicate components, so it is best left to the professionals.
Q 3. How do I fix my ASUS screen?
A. If your ASUS laptop screen is damaged, the best course of action is to take it to a qualified repair technician. They will be able to assess the damage and determine the best way to fix it, whether that means replacing the entire screen or just making a simple repair.