If your laptop’s power button is broken, you may be wondering if there’s any way to turn it on. Don’t worry even if your power button is broken, there are several ways to turn on your laptop. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to turn on a laptop with a broken power button. We’ll also provide tips for preventing this from happening in the future.
Table of Contents
One way to turn on your laptop without using the power button is to connect a USB keyboard to your laptop and press the spacebar.
This will cause your laptop to wake up from sleep mode or turn on if it was turned off. If your laptop is in hibernation mode, you’ll need to press the spacebar and the enter key at the same time to wake it up.
Another way to turn on your laptop is to use the power cord. Simply plug in your laptop’s power cord and then press the spacebar.
This will cause your laptop to turn on. You can also use the power cord to reset your laptop if it’s turned off by holding down the power button for 30 seconds.
If your laptop has a removable battery, you can also try taking out the battery and then putting it back in. Once you do this, press the spacebar to turn on your laptop.
You can also try pressing other keys on your keyboards, such as the escape key or the function keys. In some cases, pressing these keys will cause your laptop to turn on.
If none of these methods work, you’ll need to take your laptop to a computer repair shop to have the power button repaired or replaced.
How To Turn A Laptop With A Broken Power Button?
1. First, locate the power button on your laptop. It is typically on the front of the machine, near the keyboard.
2. If the power button is broken, you’ll need to use a paperclip or other sharp object to press the tiny button underneath it.
3. Once you’ve located and pressed the tiny button, hold it down for 3-5 seconds. This should turn on your laptop. If it doesn’t work, try holding the button for longer.
4. Once your laptop is on, you can release the button.
5. If your laptop doesn’t have a power button, you can usually turn it on by opening the lid. Some laptops have a switch on the side that must be slid into the “on” position before the machine will power on.
What To Do If Your Laptop Is Off?
If your laptop is off and you can’t seem to turn it on, there are a few things you can try.
First, check to see if the power cord is plugged in and that the outlet is working. If the cord is plugged in and the outlet is working, but the laptop still won’t turn on, you may have a problem with the battery.
Try removing the battery and plugging the laptop into an outlet (without the battery). If this works, then you will need to replace the battery.
If your laptop is still not turning on, even when plugged into an outlet, then you may have a more serious hardware issue. In this case, it is best to take your laptop to a computer repair shop to have it diagnosed and repaired.
Read More: How To Remove Dell Laptop Battery?
How To Prevent Your Power Button From Breaking In The First Place?
1. Use a laptop cooling pad to keep your laptop cool and prevent overheating.
2. If you must use your laptop on your lap, use a blanket or other barrier between your body and the laptop to keep it from getting too warm.
3. Avoid pressing the power button too hard. Use a light touch instead.
4. If the power button is stiff or difficult to press, have the laptop serviced before the problem gets worse.
Safety Precautions (How To Turn On A Laptop With A Broken Power Button)
1. Unplug the laptop from any external power source before beginning this repair.
2. This repair will require opening up your laptop, so be sure to ground yourself to avoid electrostatic discharge (ESD) before touching any of the internal components.
3. Be careful not to damage any of the delicate internal components while performing this repair.
4. If you are not comfortable performing this repair, please take your laptop to a qualified technician.
So, there you have it. Even if your laptop’s power button is broken, you can still turn it on as long as you have a working USB port. We hope this article was helpful and that you are now able to get your laptop up and running again. If not, be sure to reach out to us for help.
Q 1. How do you turn on a computer with a broken power button?
A. If the power button on your laptop is broken, you can still turn it on by opening the lid and pressing the “Power” button on the keyboard. If your laptop has a removable battery, you can also remove and then reinsert the battery to turn on the computer.
Q 2. How can I force my computer to turn on without the power button?
A. If your computer’s power button is broken, you can still turn on the machine by opening the case and shorting out the two pins that connect to the power switch. This will cause the machine to boot up without needing to press the power button.
Q 3. How do I force my laptop to turn on?
A. If your laptop’s power button is broken, you can still turn on the machine by opening the case and shorting out the two pins that connect to the power switch. This will cause the machine to boot up without needing to press the power button.