If you’re looking for the best gaming headsets or earbuds, look no further than these top picks from our list. With a streaming gaming headset, you can talk to your teammates without missing out on anything important happening during your game.
Most gamers usually prefer streaming headsets because they’re easier to use, more comfortable, and provide better sound than separate gaming headphones and microphones.
We’ve taken a short hiatus from our regular audio headset testing routine and decided to focus on another type of headset this time: good headsets for streaming.
After testing 50+ game streaming headset options, we’ve selected the five best options for gamers who stream online.
- A collection of the best headsets for streaming video.
- There aren’t any bad choices here.
- Logitech G433.7.1 wired headset
- Astro Gaming A50 Dolby Edition
- SteelSeries ArctiX wireless gaming headset
- Sennheiser game one wired headset
This article will review the five best headsets for watching movies and TV shows online. We’ll discuss the features and benefits of each headset and then compare them side by side. You can read further to learn more.
How To Choose The Best Headset For Streaming?
There are so many gaming headsets available today. Choosing one that works well for streaming on Twitch, Youtube, etc., can be difficult.
So, here’s our quick buying guide to help identify different factors you should consider when buying a gaming PC.
Sound clarity is one of the most important things you need to consider when buying a headset for streaming.
The more immersive the sounds, the better you’ll get at tracking your opponents in the game and monitoring your teammates.
Closed-back earphones offer a better audio experience than open-back ones because they isolate external noise and reduce sound leaking when listening to music on YouTube, Twitch, etc.
The second most important factor is sound quality. A good-sounding gaming headset is worthless if it’s uncomfortable to wear.
Pay extra attention to the ear pad material and headband adjustment options when purchasing a headphone set for gaming.
It’s important to consider the fit of the headphones if they’re going to be worn for long periods. Ensure the headphones are comfortable enough to wear without feeling tight or causing discomfort.
Compatibility With Different Gaming Platforms
It’s just as important as the two things mentioned above. You must ensure that the headset is compatible with the gaming system you want to play the game.
Ensure the headset works well with gaming consoles, including Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, and Nintendo Switch.
Since voice communications require the use of a microphone, it’s important to ensure that the quality of the microphone used for voice communication is high.
If possible, buy a headset with a noise-canceling microphone. Also, ensure the microphone delivers your voice.
Read More: Top 10 Best Laptops For Streaming in 2022
Top 5 Headsets for Streaming in 2022 – Our Top Choices
Almost all video game headphones offer directional surround sound, which is essential for playing games like Fortnite.
As gamers, we need to be able to hear what our enemy is doing so that we know where he’s going. All the gaming headphones on our best VR headset picks page to have directional speakers built into them for us to get the right audio experience when playing games.
Several other features distinguish them from each other so take note of these before making up your mind. Let’s deep-dive into the product reviews of the 5 best headsets for streaming.
1. Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
- A good headset for streaming PS4 games
- Easy to use; connect and go!
- With 7.1 surround sound software via Razer Synapse, you can customize your listening preferences according to your needs.
- Adjust the volume of the microphone or turn it off completely.
- You can sync LED lights with other Razer products, such as your gaming mice, or let them stay static.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Software that works well; updated frequently.
- Great sound quality
- It’s comfortable, light, durable, and sturdy.
- Worth its price
- Closed-back headphones; hence are noise-canceling
If you don’t own a high-quality set of headphones for playing PlayStation 4, then you may not be able to enjoy your games at their best because they won’t sound as good as they could.
A gaming headphone for streaming PS4 games has features you won’t get from any other gaming headphones. So, if you’re looking for a good gaming PC, you should consider buying one with an excellent audio system.
With its 7.1 surround sound, the Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 provides an immersive audio gaming environment for gamers who want to be more aware of their surroundings.
You can easily locate the enemy and track their movements. Furthermore, the headset has big 50 m speakers that make the communication and hearing experiences clearer and louder than ever before.
You can turn off ANC by going into Settings > Sound > Speakers > Microphone > ANC.
Finally, the headphones are light and comfortable to wear for long periods. They’re perfect for playing online video game titles like Apex Legends. Overall, they work well with most PlayStation 4 (PS4) titles.
2. Logitech G433 7.1 Wired
- A good streaming headset for PC
- Great design; long-lasting and sturdy
- It’s comfortable enough for long periods, has well-paddings; provides extra ear cups for more comfort, and includes an extra pair of ear cups.
- A detachable boom microphone reduces external noise and sounds.
- Sleek and modernist design
- Directional sound; a perfect balance between bass and treble
- It also works well for PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.
- Comes with a headphone splitter so that you can use the mic and headphones separately.
- You cannot move the microphone up/down unless you’re using it.
Most gaming headset models work fine with both PCs and consoles, but the Logitech G433 Wireless Gaming Headset works particularly well on PCs.
It doesn’t matter whether you have the best PC game monitor or the best PC game keyboards/mice in your hands; without the best PC streaming headset, your PC game experience is nothing but incomplete!
Secondly, build-wise, it’s solid. The headband provides maximum comfort and is easy to adjust for maximum comfort. The detailed microphone is flexible and can be attached anywhere from your mouth.
We feel that it would be great if Logitech had included an option for sliding the microphone up/down when not using it. However, this is not a major issue.
Second, the sound quality is good, even out of the package. We’d recommend downloading Logitech’s audio app so you can personalize your listening experience.
Overall, the G430s come well-prepared to give PC game players an immersive audio experience. Our headset tested with various gaming titles and worked well with them.
The Logitech G533 7.1 Wired Gaming Mouse is a great gaming mouse with a comfortable design, advanced functionality, incredible sonic quality, and next-generation performance.
Last year we tested the G430 headset, and we’re sure the difference between them is much greater than just the “3”.
3. Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby
- If you’re looking for an Xbox One headset that works well for streaming games
- Excellent sound quality
- It has great battery performance; you can use it for up to 15 hours on one charge.
- Good build quality
- Connecting the Kinect sensor to the Xbox One is very easy using the included cable.
- Controls and dials aren’t difficult to use.
- Fits comfortably
- Includes Dolby 7.1 surround sound for an immersive Xbox One game-playing experience
- Suitable for use with a computer
- It provides interference-free wireless networking with low latency.
- Not happy with the sound quality
An excellent Xbox One game is not complete without the best gaming headset for streamers. And this is where Astro Gaming’s A50 Wireless Dolby Game Headset comes to every console gamer’s rescue.
The A50 headset has a futuristic look and is one of the top gaming headphones from Astro. It is among the best gaming headphones for Xbox One and offers an easy wireless connection.
First, the headphones deliver high-quality audio and come with Dolby Digital 7 surround sound to give you an immersive sound experience when playing games on Xbox One.
To improve the sound quality even further, the headsets offer three different EQ (equalization) settings for adjusting the sound according to your preferences or the bass/trebles.
Secondly, the Microsoft Surface Studio is an excellent-looking device, but its high price tag makes it a luxury item rather than a necessity for most people.
So, if you are on a shoestring budget, we suggest you buy HyperX Cloud Stinger.
4. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless
- A good headset for streaming music is essential if you want to
- Excellent sound clarity with 360-degree precision.
- Very comfortable and durable
- Great build quality; solid and lightweight
- It looks sleek and stylish; LED lights around the headband change colours and make the headset look attractive.
- A retractable microphone
- Crisp and clear
- For value for money
- It works for PCs and PS4s.
- Earbuds can get hot after prolonged use.
A good wireless headset lets you enjoy your game sessions fully without having to deal with the hassle of tangled cables or complicated setups.
With our top pick for the best wireless Bluetooth headset, we experienced no muffled voices or latency problems. It was easy to pair with both Android and iOS devices.
We couldn’t see any significant differences between some of the best wireless headsets for audio and the Arctic 7 in terms of audio quality.
First of all, the 360-degree accuracy audio offered by the headsets provides an immersive gaming experience unlike any other.
With its superb sound, Arctis 7 ensures you enjoy every minute of your gameplay. Thanks to its outstanding mix of regular and voice channels, you’ll be able to hear everything.
So whenever you’re bored with your game headset, pick up an Arctis 7 and then take a break from playing games for 20 minutes while listening to some nice tunes.
Secondly, the sound card is excellent. Compared to the Astro Gaming A50 wireless headset, Arctis 7’s microphone is better than its predecessor.
However, the quality of the speaker is up to the mark; you can improve it by using an equalizer. Finally, the headset is extremely comfy to wear for a long time.
The premium weaved ski goggle material and airweave ear cushions justify the cost of the SteelSeries ArctiS 7 wireless gaming headset. It’s one of the best headsets on our list.
Read More: How Much Does A Computer Monitor Weigh?
5. Sennheiser Game One Wired
- A good wired headset for streaming is essential if you want to
- Excellent, Sennheiser level audio quality; provides ideal bass and treble.
- A high-quality, responsive microphone; delivers a clear voice
- This headset makes playing video games great, especially first-person shooter (FPS) video games.
- Open-back design makes sure that the headset stays comfortable during long gaming sessions.
- Ear cups are soft, light, and comfortable; they don’t pressure your ears.
- The cord is long enough to move around without tripping over it. Plug and go to the headset.
- Works with multiple gaming platforms
- Does not include Dolby 7.1 surround sound
A Little Expensive
You’re mistaken if you think Sennheisers are only known for their audio headsets. Their Game One wired headset is the best-wired headset for streaming.
It has excellent audio quality. This headphone can be a good choice for gamers who enjoy listening to music simultaneously. Its mid, high, and low sounds are crisp and clear.
Overall, the sound quality delivered by the headphones is good and natural. A unique feature of the headphones we enjoyed was their ability to be used with various gaming platforms, including PCs, PlayStation 4s, Xbox Ones, mobiles, and so on, each of which has a 3.5 mm audio jack.
We tested the headset using Counter-Strike: Global Offensives (CS: GO) sound quality, which was exceptional.
Second, the microphone quality of Sennheiser GameOne Wireless Headphones is also excellent. The mic transmits your voice clearly, without any lags or disturbances (I’ve tried them myself).
When we moved the microphone up, we discovered an amazing new function. Nevertheless, we were surprised to learn about this new capability.
Lastly, the thoughtfully designed headphones ensure a cleaner and more spacious audio experience. They’re comfortable to wear and lightweight.
We hope the list helps you choose the best headset for your needs. However, if you want to go ahead and buy one, our favourite out of them all is the SteelSeries Arctic S7 Wireless Gaming Headset.
It is an all-around gaming headset; it delivers good sound, offers great mic performance, is extremely comfy to wear, and is quite stylish. Even though it costs a bit too much, the headset is well worth every penny.
We sincerely hope you’ve found our guide helpful. If you’re still unsure which one to choose, please share any questions/concerns/feedback below.